Are you guys having luck selling sets on CL?

Lateral-G

I have recurring ads based on themes and tend to sell one item per week on average. It's pretty much on autopilot now and I just ignore the lowball email offers. I did make a sale just today and when the person came to pick it up she seemed to misunderstand the ad since I had 3 items listed and she thought the highest priced set was the total for all of them. She tried to talk me down and I ended up just selling her the lowest priced sets for the values stated. That's probably the worst experience I've had. I work right by the main transit hub in Toronto surrounded by office towers and am often able to just walk a set outside to make the exchange. Most people are very friendly and polite and have no hassle. Some have even become repeat customers. With the holidays approaching I'm expecting the volumes to pick up shortly.

I haven't sold on CL, but i've tried to buy. There was a guy who had listed 10 or so used sets, reasonably priced. Sent and email, voicemail and text. Nothing. Granted, all I said I was interested in them, and wasn't going to offer less, but I wanted to see one or two before I committed to more, in case they weren't as advertised. Oh well.

I recently ran into the same thing - I posted a single ad on Craigslist with about 10 or more used sets including Ferris Wheel, Mixer, T1, Simpsons House and Kwik-E-Mart, etc. listed with individual prices and heard nothing.  About a week later I listed the same sets at roughly the same prices as individual listings and sold all the sets except one within 5 days or so.  Not sure if this is normal but thought I would share in case that helps you out at all....

I think I saw your ad. You're in Mill Valley, right? I was going to email you, but I'm in the Montclair area of Oakland and it just wasn't worth it for me to drive to you since I got two young kids. I really wanted to buy the Ferris Wheel, Mixer, BBT, and Ferrari. 

• Like 1

To contribute to the topic, I only sell on CL right before Christmas. That's when I get the most interest. Outside of Christmas, it's really hit or miss, where you're hoping for someone who's looking for a gift or something, but they do usually haggle. I list for eBay fair market value minus the 13% fees and shipping.

• Like 1

Another thing to consider is that a lot of emails coming through Craigslist end up in your junk mail.  I know I've had a number of emails do that and I'm sure a lot of my inquires about certain items end up in that sellers junk mail that they don't check.

Ha! I had three more inquiries in my spam folder. Thanks!