So I saw the Falcon 10179 built for the first time today...

DoNotInsertIntoMouth

It is the single most amazing thing I have ever seen. I just don't think, even at the number of pieces, I ever really appreciated how massive this thing is. It's insane.

I have a Tower Bridge which is just over 4.2K pieces, but its half the size. I have never seen the Taj Mahal, but there is just no wonder that this is the Holy Grail in terms of Price (not necessarily gain).

Sadly, the person who showed it to me has really fallen out of Lego and has it in his attic (Along with other sets probably worth 10-15K). I am trying to talk him into letting me display it at my house (I am sort of family, cousin by marriage). 

I think I would design a whole room around it.

I do not think that Lego has ever priced a set over $500. If they do remake this set, I think that they would have the same price, or a lower price.

Yup. Even the Taj Mahal, which has the most pieces of any official LEGO product was only priced at $299.99.

I've never seen the Falcon in person, but I personally thought the 7965 MF was a pretty good size, but of course, nothing really compares to the 10179! :D

Yup. Even the Taj Mahal, which has the most pieces of any official LEGO product was only priced at $299.99.

I've never seen the Falcon in person, but I personally thought the 7965 MF was a pretty good size, but of course, nothing really compares to the 10179! :D

I have seen the 10179 MF in person, and I got to build a small part of it. That was a great experience. I completely agree with you that nothing can compare to the 10179. it is a beast, and it weighs a lot. If you ever wondered how much 5000 Lego pieces weighs just lift up a 10179.

I have seen the 10179 MF in person, and I got to build a small part of it. That was a great experience. I completely agree with you that nothing can compare to the 10179. it is a beast, and it weighs a lot. If you ever wondered how much 5000 Lego pieces weighs just lift up a 10179.

Or just pick up 24.2 lbs. :D Of course, that does include the manuals and box weight too. :/