Interesting Craigslist lot for sale

MartinP

I was looking on craigslist today and I noticed one listing that stood out to me. The listing is for a 10187 Volkswagen Beetle for $700. The sellers says that the set is new in the box, and that the box has no flaws in it. I think that the set is overpriced. I usually see sets under priced on craigslist. This is the first time I have seen a set overpriced. Here is a link.

You will forever find overpriced LEGO sets, and overpriced things in general. 

Just took a glance at the price on Amazon. It's actually not that much over the BrickPicker value of $550. Head over to Amazon, and you can pick one up for $576.95. So much for heavily inflated prices on retired sets.

you could buy it and assume that the box will be damaged since its amazon and get 10% back no questions asked

Yeah normally craigslist has deals, you just might get shot or violated in some manner.

In this case, since its a bad deal, maybe they will be really nice?

I hope to any one that is interested in this, would talk the seller down from the price. I do not have the money right now to spend on anything.

Did you build the xwing you got yet?

I built it. Right after I got it from the store, I had to leave for my high school retreat, so I could not start building it for two days. After that was done I finally started to build it. It was an awesome experience building. It is now being displayed on the coffee table in the family room until I find a spot to display it.