MC999 Listing policy violation alert: Copyright Violation

Sauromosis

I got one of these on a bulk Lego lot I was selling.  Ebay cancelled my listing.

I think it could have been because I used "NBA" or "LeMans" or "Indiana Jones" in the list of sets included.

Anyone have experience with this?

Should I relist and remove any references to brands or will that get me further punished? 

My other 6 listings weren't affected.

I got one of these on a bulk Lego lot I was selling.  Ebay cancelled my listing.

I think it could have been because I used "NBA" or "LeMans" or "Indiana Jones" in the list of sets included.

Anyone have experience with this?

Should I relist and remove any references to brands or will that get me further punished? 

My other 6 listings weren't affected.

From what I have read and heard Ebay just has some bots that look for stuff like this. Honestly, I have never had it happen and I have used all of those words a billion times.

I would just try to rearrange your listing a little so it looks different and relist. The chances of it happening again are IMO pretty low.

Do not relist it until you understand what they think is in violation (exactly) and get it corrected. If you relist without actually fixing the problem and they find it (and your account is now on a flagged "watch list" for this particular type of violation for a 3, 6, or 12 month period), you'll get a 7 or 30 day listing suspension and after that you're in danger of a permanent ban (which doesn't mean as much on eBay as an Amazon, but still, not a fun ride.)

These violations are nothing to take lightly. If you would like to post the entire content of the message you received from eBay (or PM it to me) I'd be glad to have a look at it.

It may have been a bot catch, or you may have been reported by someone.

I have gotten similar "notices". It was a while ago, so don't remember exactly what the infraction was or said. Like Justafrog said, I got caught AGAIN shortly after and they made me take an online "class". It was a joke. I just stopped listing that specific item. What I would do is look at some listings that are for similar items, then try and figure out why yours was different.

Here's the text...I wonder if someone reported me.

==

After reviewing your eBay account, it appears that you have violated eBay's Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item policy. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

Due to copyright concerns, listings for unauthorized copies of items such as movies, music, software, photographs and books aren't allowed on eBay.

You may sell products on recordable media (such as VHS tapes, audio tapes, CD-Rs, and DVD-Rs) if you are the copyright owner or are authorized by the owner to sell the product. This information must be clearly documented in your listing.

For more information, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/copyrights.html

Please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations of this policy could result in the suspension of your account.

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/listing-ended.html

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. Though there may be similar items listed on eBay, we review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants.

If you have additional questions, contact our policy experts.
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/home

We understand that you may have been unaware of this eBay policy, and we encourage you to learn how to keep your experiences on eBay successful.

I get stupid message like that all the time, one was for using a brand name another was because i took a picture from the manufactures website. I wouldnt worry about it, just reword your description, find a new pic, etc...

I'll definitely reword.  The pictures were all my original pictures taken in my house.

Should I avoid "relisting" and start fresh or does it matter?