100% complete listings?

matt1147

I'm curious on others' opinions - what do you think of lego listings that say "100% complete" in the title but then in the description it says "no mini figures."

I understand that the seller is saying all the pieces are there, but how can a set be "100% complete" without the figs?

If it's all in the title together, I'm even ok. But when it's not, this is misleading, but I don't know if it's just a pet peeve of mine?

• Like 1

I'm curious on others' opinions - what do you think of lego listings that say "100% complete" in the title but then in the description it says "no mini figures."

I understand that the seller is saying all the pieces are there, but how can a set be "100% complete" without the figs?

If it's all in the title together, I'm even ok. But when it's not, this is misleading, but I don't know if it's just a pet peeve of mine?

If it is a used set I think it needs to have both their - because I look for "complete" when searching for god used sets.

As far as new, I don't mind as much because its new and I assume it's complete unless otherwise stated. However I expect that statement in the title.

So, in short, if it doesn't have "no minifigures" in the title, its crap in my opinion

With 80 characters, there's no excuse for not putting "no minifigures" in the title if that's the only thing that's been removed from the set.

On the flip side, when I'm listing minifigures I've parted out from new sets, I feel under no obligation to say "minifigure only, no set"  - and my photo, of course, shows only the minifigure(s) included in the listing.

Finally, I sometimes list the vehicles or other sale-able stand-alone parts of sets and on those I simply state something like "Lego Blah Blah Car & Bike from Set 123 New Condition" or something to that effect. Again, showing only what they're getting in the pics, but I don't feel compelled to say "no set no minifigures" in the title.

With 80 characters, there's no excuse for not putting "no minifigures" in the title if that's the only thing that's been removed from the set.

On the flip side, when I'm listing minifigures I've parted out from new sets, I feel under no obligation to say "minifigure only, no set"  - and my photo, of course, shows only the minifigure(s) included in the listing.

Finally, I sometimes list the vehicles or other sale-able stand-alone parts of sets and on those I simply state something like "Lego Blah Blah Car & Bike from Set 123 New Condition" or something to that effect. Again, showing only what they're getting in the pics, but I don't feel compelled to say "no set no minifigures" in the title.

This is really the best way to do it in those situations - you aren't listing a set, you are listing a minifigure or a car from a set. Its clear. Its like the subject of a sentence. Minifigures have nothing to do with the zombie car from a monster fighters set, so having those words in there waste space. Like describing something that relates to a subject of a sentence, but isn't actually about the subject itself.

Just received my used 5976 and 7411.  The listing stated "Set 7411 is 100% complete! Set 5976 is missing 3 pieces in the jungle scene".  "Set is in excellent condition".  I just got done inventory the set and of course 5976 is missing several pieces (15) with replacement parts which I hate. 7411 is missing one piece.  One of the pieces missing for 5976 a "blue bandana" runs around $3-$4 on bricklink. The set has several really discolored pieces too. Of course I shot the seller an email stating the problem and asking for suggestions to rectify the problem.  It will cost at least 6.76 plus shipping to get the pieces I need from bricklink.

I know it takes extra time to actually go through the set and inventory it before you list it but if you state one thing in an ad, I assume that is what is going to be in or missing from the set. If a seller doesn't want to go through the set, just state set in incomplete and may be missing several pieces. That covers your butt from anal buyers like myself :thumbsup:

I have encountered this problem myself. Just yesterday found 16 missing pieces on a 4841, but fortunately the seller found them and mail them my way!.

I have to admit though, in a couple of occasions I have inventoried the set (built it) and a piece or 2 have still managed to slip through. But I do try to get the pieces out the exact same day I get notified of the missing ones. Usually send them directly from BL to the buyer.

I have encountered this problem myself. Just yesterday found 16 missing pieces on a 4841, but fortunately the seller found them and mail them my way!.

I have to admit though, in a couple of occasions I have inventoried the set (built it) and a piece or 2 have still managed to slip through. But I do try to get the pieces out the exact same day I get notified of the missing ones. Usually send them directly from BL to the buyer.

I can understand 1 or 2 pieces "slipping through" that happens.  But 15 pieces with replacement pieces that are not the same size or color really bothers me.  Hey missing a gray 2x4 brick.  I will just substitute a black 2x4 brick.  I get a 1x8 bricks when I am suppose to get a 1x12 brick.  Don't say the set is "excellent condition" when several pieces are discolored.  The set only has 286 pieces, so it shouldn't take too long to inventory it. 

I think I will definitely ask for some kind of refund. 

I wonder about this too. Just got in a Death Star and I want to make sure its complete. 3800 pieces is a lot though.

It took me a while to inventory 700 pieces from a set. I do not think that I could do 3,800 pieces. That would be a lot, plus you can make some mistakes while you are taking inventory.

I can understand 1 or 2 pieces "slipping through" that happens.  But 15 pieces with replacement pieces that are not the same size or color really bothers me.  Hey missing a gray 2x4 brick.  I will just substitute a black 2x4 brick.  I get a 1x8 bricks when I am suppose to get a 1x12 brick.  Don't say the set is "excellent condition" when several pieces are discolored.  The set only has 286 pieces, so it shouldn't take too long to inventory it. 

I think I will definitely ask for some kind of refund.

100% complete means exactly that. I only use that in the title if everything is there

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290975828902?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

But I also use Complete if I have replaced one or two pieces with equivalents

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290975832827?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Occasionally I have missed a few pieces when building the sets and the buyer has noticed. In those cases I have sent the remaining pieces on. Point for buyers though, make sure you are polite when contacting sellers who may have made an honest mistake.

Anything else I do not use either word and try to list what is missing.