If I return a set for refund to Lego Store, do I have to return promo?

steakyboy

I bought a Tower of Orthanc on total impulse and got the Jor El poly promo. I am in the 90 day window and haven't built the Tower yet, so looking to return it and move the money around.

Anyone know if I return the Tower for refund, will they charge me the $4.99 for the promo poly or expect the poly too?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, if the -4.99 is on the receipt for the jor el the Lego

store will give you 4.99 less money back unless you return the jor el.  

That's what would happen.  If they didn't ring it up and just handed it to you then they wouldn't charge you, but I think the offer should be made to return it to keep it with a clear conscience.  They may let you keep it.

I bought a Tower of Orthanc on total impulse and got the Jor El poly promo. I am in the 90 day window and haven't built the Tower yet, so looking to return it and move the money around.

Anyone know if I return the Tower for refund, will they charge me the $4.99 for the promo poly or expect the poly too?

Thanks in advance.

Love your profile picture btw.  I finished in 93.  Sorry I couldn't add to the actual thread :-).

I've never dealt with an actual "Lego Store", but over the phone they tell me to just keep it.  If you let them know that you would like to keep it they most likely will allow you to.  It's always best to keep it honest.  You'll leave to store feeling good, whether you have to return it or not.

Guest TabbyBoy

It always pays to be honest, what goes around comes around.  Most of the time, they'll let you keep the promo.  I foolishly returned a 41999 due to a small hole in the box made my the dreadful Galaxy Mech thingy - what a fool I was as I was one of the first to get a 41999 and underestimated its popularity.  They didn't have another to send back of course!

Thanks for all the advice guys. Not looking to be dishonest about the promo, i still have him in the bag and will bring with. Receipt does say -4.99.

If they charge me for it, might as well keep it. Jor El is worth more than 4.99. I'll see what they say and report back.

Thanks for the pic props LegoFink. Graduated in '96. BIG win over the dawgs in the Valley on Saturday!

I really dont think this is an issue of being honest or dishonest. I just think it is their policy to not charge for the polybag. And this makes sense from a customer relation stand point. Take this scenario:

I order a set from LEGO Shop at Home. They chose to send me a free polybag that I did not ask for. I hate the polybag and I immediately toss it in the trash or give it away or whatever. Now a week later i need to return the set i bought bc i learned the kid i bought it for already has it. If its Legos policy to subtract the cost of the polybag from my refund, they would in effect be forcing me to purchase a product that i didnt ask for nor want. Thats not right.

I have returned sets to Lego stores on 3 occassions over the past few years. Never have i returned the polybag (didnt even think of it) and never have I been asked for it and never have I been charged for it. I dont consider that I was being dishonest. It certainly wasnt my intent to swindle Lego out of $15. I didnt even think about the polybags. Remember, I never asked for them.

• Like 2