Not allowed both September polybags in store?

seapotato

It is all new people in Braintree. I've been going for years and they cleaned house about 2 months ago for some reason. Burlington is the only store I like. Peabody and natick are jerks lately too. And one final picture to sum up today's adventure....

I was also highly offended at his absurd insinuation that I spent 4k on lego in 3 month! Clearly if he scanned my other 3 cards, called walmart, target, entertainment earth and amazon uk/Germany/us he would have easily seen that I have spent closer to 11k in the last 3 months on lego. Amateurs!

Agreed on the Natick store I have had problems myself. Although they did give me both polybags for my purchase. Pretty soon there will be no reason to shop in the lego store the prices aren't competitive most of the time and I don't need all the ID nonsense when I am buying a lego set. Buy from Amazon or other retailers less nonsense. 

As far as the polybags go anyone not getting both should call customer service and demand that second poly. 

I got both polybags with purchase of Jedi Defender-class Cruiser 75025 at Lego store couple days ago, it was an easy transaction, no question asked at all.  It was in Hillsdale Mall, San Mateo, Calif.

Glad to know they let you get both. I live about 5-10 mins away from that lego store. 

I went to the King of Prussia, Pa store. Bought 60. worth of star wars. Said i was looking around for something small so I could get to 75.00. Was told that the promotions were either/ or, but not both.  Bought the 60., got the trooper and left. Called customer service, complained and got the mini camel in today's mail. Never even spent the 75. 

LOLz so do they charge you retroactively for the VIP point you already spent?  I think not.

There's a whole fresh crew in Braintree.  Some came from Natick.  The nice ones are gone now.  I wish I can clear the schedule tomorrow and see this live at the store.

4K in 3 months is considered a reseller?  There'll be hundreds and thousands of their clientele would be banned in the US.  Have they forgotten who pay their wages?

Resellers do not pay their wages.......soccer moms and grandparents do. Every Lego reseller in the world could go away and TLG would survive just fine.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit ironic that willy has manipulated the system for his own gains, then stormed out in a huff when he got caught?

Willy no offense meant, and honestly I'm of the opinion that TLG needs more homogenous policies. But really dude, 4 VIP cards, $11,000 spent, no ban, and you severed your ties over a $15 polybag.

I understand the principle of the matter. But you can't really complain about getting ejected from the game when you weren't playing by the rules.

The first rule is: Don't buy from Lego for resale. Lego has made that abundantly clear.

Every one of us who knows that Lego does not want us to buy from them for resale and then goes and does it anyway is breaking "the rules". Yeah, there are degrees - buying at all breaks the first rule, multi VIP accounts more rules, past a certain number per household other rules...

... but we're right back to all of us living in a glass house of one sort or another, so I'll continue to sympathize with sellers who buy at smaller volume than me and those who buy at bigger.

So there is a new Lego store having their grand opening celebrations a couple cities over from me...what are the chances they'd let me stack FOUR promotions?

Was thinking of getting Rancor Pit $74.99 + free clone trooper poly + VW camper poly + Lego retail store set (for grand opening) + The Hulk special duplo block (received postcard in the mail, good for any purchase).

I'm not going to hold my breath on this LOL, though it would be AMAZING if they let me combine it all. If I had to choose, which one is the best value?

The reason why stores are limiting to one polybag or the other comes down to stock levels of the mini VW and not wanting to run out so soon into the month. If they tell you anything else they're lying, plain and simple. And if you complain you *should* be given both bags or call up customer service and complain/inquire and you'll get the missing one. TLG should have just made more VW polybags, but I don't think they expected the demand that they've stirred up. 

So there is a new Lego store having their grand opening celebrations a couple cities over from me...what are the chances they'd let me stack FOUR promotions?

Was thinking of getting Rancor Pit $74.99 + free clone trooper poly + VW camper poly + Lego retail store set (for grand opening) + The Hulk special duplo block (received postcard in the mail, good for any purchase).

I'm not going to hold my breath on this LOL, though it would be AMAZING if they let me combine it all. If I had to choose, which one is the best value?

Use the 10% catalog coupon, too. 

I would have - but I never received the catalogue, even though I ordered it a while back!

They are so dumb with the catalougs and the coupons. God forbid you give people a discount every once in a while. This is why I wouldn't be too upset if they completely deny ever discounting exclusives - it would be fine, but you never discount anything else at all.

I guess they get enough parents paying retail that they don't care about giving discounts. Whenever I'm at the Lego store that's near where I live, it's ALWAYS packed with kids and parents - it helps that the store is actually directly infront of the children's play area of the mall...

Then when I was at the grand opening yesterday (about 30-40 drive away), I overheard some people saying that this grand opening was a lot busier and packed than the one near my house. I think this city has a lot of AFOLS, given that I see a lot of Craiglist posting from that city and the cities surrounding.

I guess they get enough parents paying retail that they don't care about giving discounts. Whenever I'm at the Lego store that's near where I live, it's ALWAYS packed with kids and parents - it helps that the store is actually directly infront of the children's play area of the mall...

Then when I was at the grand opening yesterday (about 30-40 drive away), I overheard some people saying that this grand opening was a lot busier and packed than the one near my house. I think this city has a lot of AFOLS, given that I see a lot of Craiglist posting from that city and the cities surrounding.

The reason why stores are limiting to one polybag or the other comes down to stock levels of the mini VW and not wanting to run out so soon into the month. If they tell you anything else they're lying, plain and simple. And if you complain you *should* be given both bags or call up customer service and complain/inquire and you'll get the missing one. TLG should have just made more VW polybags, but I don't think they expected the demand that they've stirred up. 

I just say let me speak to your manager, instantly the manger says its ok .. hmm stupid mindless lego employees

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit ironic that willy has manipulated the system for his own gains, then stormed out in a huff when he got caught?

Willy no offense meant, and honestly I'm of the opinion that TLG needs more homogenous policies. But really dude, 4 VIP cards, $11,000 spent, no ban, and you severed your ties over a $15 polybag.

I understand the principle of the matter. But you can't really complain about getting ejected from the game when you weren't playing by the rules.

Honestly 4 VIP cards willy???? I think Willy did not play by the rules and acted so carelessly and the ban was well deserved.

What ban?  I am not banned. I returned a bunch of stuff that I had second thoughts on from my extensive inventory to make a point at one of my 4 local lego stores.    The day manager sure thought resellers make up a good part of their business after the third trip of my brother and I walking in with bags and bags of lego sets with receipts less than 90 days old.  We returned $2100 worth.  All 5 cards are still active, my 5 online accounts are still active, and I can walk into any of the 4 stores and buy whatever/whenever I want. 

Yes honestly--I did have 4 VIP cards----there is a picture not far up in the posts.  I have 5 now--actually.  I don't care about rules or laws, that has already been established---and it's not a game to me..as evidenced by the pictures of my tens of thousands of dollars in inventory found elsewhere on the site. 

If anybody is looking for fire brigades, camels, or VW campers---there are plenty at the braintree store!

What ban?  I am not banned you foolish troll. I returned a bunch of stuff that I had second thoughts on from my extensive inventory to make a point at one of my 4 local lego stores.  All 5 cards are still active, my 5 online accounts are still active, and I can walk into any of the 4 stores and buy whatever/whenever I want. 

Yes honestly--I did have 4 VIP cards----there is a picture not far up in the posts.  I have 5 now--actually.  I don't care about rules or laws, that has already been established---and it's not a game to me..as evidenced by the pictures of my tens of thousands of dollars in inventory found elsewhere on the site.  What happened ike--batteries low in your camera?  Where is your lavish lego inventory you keep refrencing?

The fact you have more than 1 card tells me you know you are going against TLG policy and doing something wrong. To be honest Willy when I become a grandpa I hope I have better things to do than try to pick a fight with lego staff members when clearly you are in the wrong 100%.