Not allowed both September polybags in store?

seapotato

Went to my Lego store today and was only given the clone trooper. I asked if I get the camper as well and one cashier said no, one or the other, while another staff said yes I get both. I mentioned I would get both if purchasing online so I was given the camper as well "this time". Apparently the order to give one or the other and not both came from the manager. Anyone else had this problem? Or is it just them sticking it to us canadians again lol *insert complaints and moans and groans about canadian prices*

Yes! I tried to talk my son into placing his order on LEGO Shop at Home, but he insisted on going to the store. Well they are only giving you one or the other also. I mentioned the online availability and they said they only had limited numbers and were only allowing one or the other. I'm getting a little frustrated with my local store, but I bite my lip for my kids' sakes. I tried to use this as a learning lesson on "listening to Dad"......not sure he cares.

Yes! I tried to talk my son into placing his order on LEGO Shop at Home, but he insisted on going to the store. Well they are only giving you one or the other also. I mentioned the online availability and they said they only had limited numbers and were only allowing one or the other. I'm getting a little frustrated with my local store, but I bite my lip for my kids' sakes. I tried to use this as a learning lesson on "listening to Dad"......not sure he cares.

you should explain to him that selling both polys= him getting another $30-40 set

Yes! I tried to talk my son into placing his order on S@H, but he insisted on going to the store. Well they are only giving you one or the other also. I mentioned the online availability and they said they only had limited numbers and were only allowing one or the other. I'm getting a little frustrated with my local store, but I bite my lip for my kids' sakes. I tried to use this as a learning lesson on "listening to Dad"......not sure he cares.

Yes, call a CSR and I'm sure they'd make it right.

you should explain to him that selling both polys= him getting another $30-40 set

Good call! Start the investing/flipping while he`s young  :thumbsup:

It is ridiculous in every sense of the word. If the promotion is going to be different, then they need to at the very least put something "In store may very" or something of the like. Otherwise, it`s false advertising as far as I`m concerned. Legally no, but it is misleading. 

Went to my Lego store today and was only given the clone trooper. I asked if I get the camper as well and one cashier said no, one or the other, while another staff said yes I get both. I mentioned I would get both if purchasing online so I was given the camper as well "this time". Apparently the order to give one or the other and not both came from the manager. Anyone else had this problem? Or is it just them sticking it to us canadians again lol *insert complaints and moans and groans about canadian prices*

When I was feeling for the Series 11 minifigures, I overheard the same thing. I think it's up to the discretion of the store manager. Mine gave strict orders to give both only for purchases of $125 or more of Star Wars sets after customers were asking questions. There's also fine print on the store calendar that says they may not be combined with any other offer, discount or coupon. I was the last to get both before the store rule kicked in since I know the employees there ;)

I would be upset if I purchased the qualifying amount in store and didn't get both polybags.  Usually I try to wait and see which rep is the best to deal with...you'll be surprised.  I was playing dumb and asked about the rules when approached by one rep and she said you have to spend over a certain amount on SW to get both.  So I just used another rep to cash out...and he freely gave me both polybags without buying SW.  i know the 'strict' rep was only doing her job, no problem with that...as a customer i just wanted to get the best experience and 2 freebies makes my visit much better :)

I went in to the lego store today to get both polybags within one transaction, and they told me that within one transaction I could just get one. Did it happen to anyone else? This store is in Glendale, CA

A number of members have reported the same thing even all the way up in Canada. Ridiculous.... :umbrage:

This happened to me as well.  I asked the person at the register when they started only allowing one.  He said they were giving both on Sept. 1, but then got corrected by corporate.  I informed him that the website was still giving both.  He was surprised by that and said he'd give me both and that he'd tell corporate.  I think he might have been the manager.  He and the rest of the staff are really awesome at my store.

Don't mean to be the "doom and gloom" attitude guy, but as Lego's profits begin to soar they also seem to be learning how to walk the customer service line a little closer. No more 10% coupons on exclusives, implementing a polybag limit, limiting numbers of individual sets...someone said the next thing they will do is limit the double VIP month to specific sets only. At this point, this honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Don't mean to be the "doom and gloom" attitude guy, but as Lego's profits begin to soar they also seem to be learning how to walk the customer service line a little closer. No more 10% coupons on exclusives, implementing a polybag limit, limiting numbers of individual sets...someone said the next thing they will do is limit the double VIP month to specific sets only. At this point, this honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah I think we are going that way - although they don't always seem to run out of exclusives so its not like a bunch of people aren't getting them.

I would get the exclusives somewhat - to me its understandable as most of us are buying a lot of Lego but we are somewhat profiting off them. However, the 10% coupon thing is dumb as dirt. I mean, who are you stopping here? If they buy it somewhere else, LEGO IS LOSING MONEY. They aren't buying direct. This doesn't hurt resellers much - none of us were flipping these since Ebay would eat that 10% like Pacman at a dot-fest. Hard to understand.