This would be the counter argument to getting something before it comes out and trying to sell it

Obviously I know this works sometimes, but there are bad ones too - you ahve to know what you are doing.

This guy put these up like August 15th first day available - he started it at $800 - now hes down to $600 and we know he isn't getting that:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-STAR-WARS-2-SETS-10236-EWOK-VILLAGE-UCS-New-Sealed-On-Hand-USA-FREE-SHIPPIN-/151114966098?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item232f276452

I've wondered about this. there's no way for them to make u return the polys with your return or penalize you in any way is there?

Yes. Most companies will "charge" you for them... basically taking whatever price they deem the "free gift" is worth.

EDIT - Does LEGO really not do this? I worked retail for a large company years ago and I can't imagine any large scale business not greedily guarding their assets.

How is this a counter argument to buying and selling right away?  He got greedy and asked for too much.  Doesn't really impact anyone else if he doesn't sell it, and as already mentioned, he can return these without penalty so not really a big deal.  

Well I didn't know they were so lenient with the return policy - but I was merely just saying that it doesn't always work out well if you don't do your homework - you have sets that just sit because you are trying to get a bunch of money by just putting them up before anyone else.