No minifigs? Walmart & Target

Ronda

Been at 3 Walmarts and 1 Target today - no minifigures.  Empty display boxes, like it was for over a month.  I looked carefully and asked an employee at the last one, so pretty sure I didn't just missed them hidden somewhere.  How often does that happen that those stores sell them out and don't get new boxes for such long time?  Or is it just a local game, what do you think?  Waiting for the series 11?

Been at 3 Walmarts and 1 Target today - no minifigures.  Empty display boxes, like it was for over a month.  I looked carefully and asked an employee at the last one, so pretty sure I didn't just missed them hidden somewhere.  How often does that happen that those stores sell them out and don't get new boxes for such long time?  Or is it just a local game, what do you think?  Waiting for the series 11?

The 2 big volume Targets in my area restocked series 8, 9, and 10 twice with 128 each time.  The rest are hit of miss with no rhyme or reason and are 2 months late at times.  It's an easy LP item so the apps probably don't give a good picture if something is in stock or not.

My Target seemed to just get a new shipment of Series 9 Minifigures for some reason. They are somewhat reliable (and I state that very loosely) but they do get them eventually but usually after a month or two in a Series' general four month lifecycle while a few other times before or right on schedule.

On a regular basis, my Walmart never gets these items which is why it was so wierd they did right before the Christmas season last year with Series 8 yet none prior. Also this last shopping trip to mine, I had just found a ton of Series 10 stuffed into some empty box for lawn supplies of all things. :blink: I already have more than enough of those guys and didn't feel like going through I don't know how many bags.

There is a side store called Five Below where I have had better luck in general finding these Minifigures and some other polybags like the Friends Collectables. I've also seen some at Kmart now that I have been frequenting there quite a bit lately but I do not know how reliable they are truthfully.

I haven't seen a fresh box of ANYTHING in the about 25+ Walmarts, Kmarts, TRU or Targets I've been in about the last month. Sucks. I wanted to pick up some more Medusas and I can't even seem to find them at the Lego store when I went.

Lego stores are all cleaned up.  Probably 2 of 15 Walmart still have series 10 leftover.  Do you have any 5 below near you?  The ones near me got at least 5 boxes of 60 last month. 

I could never find any minifigures at the Walmart and Target stores here in San Diego which is pretty sad since we're a fairly large city.

Ouch, that hardly makes much sense especially for me considering once upon a time I lived there for a while in my youth. Another part about such limited availability for these Minifigures is I thought the US was supposed to have the most demanding market for them. I mean, that is why Series 1 sold out in flash with Series 2 following close behind. Maybe the 'newness' of the line is gone for most consumers I guess. What a confusing lull this is.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't checked mine.

There are a lot on ebay for pretty reasonable prices though.

Yep, just bought a bunch of series 10 minifigs for about $2 each.  Seen better deals right after I did :)  Something like $1.50.

My Walmart sold out a box of Series 11 and replaced them with a box of some card games.  Haven't check Target recently.