And the new batman is....

Etan

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Why all the hate on affleck. I thought he did great directing and acting in Argo. Who else would you rather have play batman.

gilbert goodfree and honey booboo as robin 

Just a cool update on who is going to play batman in the upcoming moving Superman and Batman. Ben affleck is going to take the role as batman! This is according to yahoo and other sources. So what's your opinion on him playing batman?

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I think Iv'e made my point! Stomping

One word: Worst choice ever. Well...maybe vin diesel would have been worse. I think Brian mentioned Jim Caviezel...that would have worked. It seems Ben Affleck ran his course when the whole "Bennifer" thing was going on...people really just got sick of him. He may be a good director I guess. I liked Argo and the Town too...(granted, I am easily pleased when it comes to movies, I liked Prince of Persia for crying out loud).

One of the four original Bat Mobiles that Lincoln (1966) produced is owned by somebody in my town. He should be the new batman.

EDIT for clarity: Lincoln didn't produce it, but it was based on a Lincoln Futura chassis. George Barris designed 4 of the Bat Mobiles for the original TV show. 

I am not happy Affleck is Batman. I hope the petition gets him taken off. And while on the subject, i'll critique each actor as Batman. Keaton - best Batman, hands down. Kilmer - was ok but didn't seem like a guy with issues. He seemed too "in control" even though they tried to play that out in the film. Clooney - oh god, all i can say on this is what i saw posted on another site...Clooney brings too much of Clooney to whatever role he is playing. He was awful as Wayne AND as Batman. Bale - decent acting, but i could do without the "hairball-in-my-throat" dialog. It didn't make Batman seem cool. It made him sound like he has a speech impediment. I liked the voice of Conroy on the animated series. So who would i pick as a Wayne/Batman? Don't really know off-hand. However, i bet Harrison Ford would make a good Wayne with issues - ever seen any of his interviews? He already looks like he's a bit off. LOL He also has a confident-sounding voice that would work well as Batman. The problem would be his age and doing all the necessary stunts as Batman. Anyways, i'm sure they can do much better than Affleck. Otherwise, i won't even bother seeing this when it comes out. 

I am not happy Affleck is Batman. I hope the petition gets him taken off. And while on the subject, i'll critique each actor as Batman. Keaton - best Batman, hands down. Kilmer - was ok but didn't seem like a guy with issues. He seemed too "in control" even though they tried to play that out in the film. Clooney - oh god, all i can say on this is what i saw posted on another site...Clooney brings too much of Clooney to whatever role he is playing. He was awful as Wayne AND as Batman. Bale - decent acting, but i could do without the "hairball-in-my-throat" dialog. It didn't make Batman seem cool. It made him sound like he has a speech impediment. I liked the voice of Conroy on the animated series. So who would i pick as a Wayne/Batman? Don't really know off-hand. However, i bet Harrison Ford would make a good Wayne with issues - ever seen any of his interviews? He already looks like he's a bit off. LOL He also has a confident-sounding voice that would work well as Batman. The problem would be his age and doing all the necessary stunts as Batman. Anyways, i'm sure they can do much better than Affleck. Otherwise, i won't even bother seeing this when it comes out. 

Hairball? I thought he just smoked a lot :)

To bad most of you youngins don't recall the best batman ever........Michael Keaton. Its cool if y'all think Christian Bale was the best, you are just to young to know :)

Keaton absolutely smokes all these fools. 

I will say I don't agree with a petition to remove Ben Affleck. As much as I think he will suck as Batman, they chose him. If they felt he was good enough, protest by not seeing the movie, not by defacing a guy publicly with a petition. Just a personal opinion.

I am not a fan of the guy and would rather it be someone else, but they already told him he was it. I am sure he will do his best to be good.

Keaton was excellent. Bale was directed to have a different voice when he was Batman, due to it being a feature on the suit but it was never mentioned in the films. It never bothered me and to be honest I thought it was a good idea. Maybe a different voice, such as they use on Arrow, would have been better.

I don't agree with a petition either. It isn't going to change anything and all they will do is point to Ledger as the Joker. Until we see the first trailer, we won't really be able to judge much at all. I am not a fan of Affleck and find his performances to be rather boring and very up and down. He certainly will need to bring his A game to this though, and so will Snyder as 3 properties' immediate future are essentially on the line with this (Superman, Batman and Justice League)

• Like 2

I love all three of Affleck`s Directorial films. They were unique and impressively shot. As a actor, I`ve seen worse...much worse. I`ll put it this way, right now he is the only reason I would even consider seeing the film. Man of Steel was terribly, and seemingly cheaply made. Snyder`s best film has to be Sucker Punch, because of how he tackled a really far-out-there idea to sophisticatedly. Shame the momentum didn`t carry over. Regardless, if they do end up firing Affleck, count me out of the screening. Only other way I`d consider seeing it is if they put Gordan-Levitt or Bale back in. 

We're all doomed. Is it too late to re-sign Michael Keaton?

To bad most of you youngins don't recall the best batman ever........Michael Keaton. Its cool if y'all think Christian Bale was the best, you are just to young to know :)

The other thing that most people here are either too young to remember, or are so old that they've already forgotten, is that people were just as up in arms about Keaton being the choice to play Batman back then. No one thought that "Mr. Mom" could do it...