And the new batman is....

Etan

Just a cool update on who is going to play batman in the upcoming moving Superman and Batman. Ben affleck is going to take the role as batman! This is according to yahoo and other sources. So what's your opinion on him playing batman?

I'm going to be completely honest, I hate Ben Affleck. Well, I mostly hate Affleck the director, not Affleck the actor. I was at the Boston Academy Member screening for Argo, and he did a Q&A. He's quite pompous. I'll be seeing this movie because it's Superman, not because Ben Affleck is Batman. 

• Like 2

Why all the hate on affleck. I thought he did great directing and acting in Argo. Who else would you rather have play batman.

Argo was quite literally one of the worst films of the year IMHO. Watch it a second time.. you will notice that there is a ton wrong with the structure and pacing. What most people don't realize is that it won best picture because Hollywood always likes to see itself as a hero. The Academy Members voting for it was basically a giant circlej**k.

Daredevil, Gigli, Surviving Christmas, etc. This news by itself has already ruined my childhood idol. Someone seriously dropped the ball on this. Someone who should not be making the big decisions like this because apparently they are unqualified to do so. I hope they go the way of Microsoft and listen to the people for once in their careers. I know we can't have Bale but there has to be someone much better fitting than Affleck

Why all the hate on affleck. I thought he did great directing and acting in Argo. Who else would you rather have play batman.

I haven't seen Argo so can't comment. My problems are:

1. Don't see him as an action hero - see Daredevil

2. I can't respect anyone who does movies like Pearl Harbor and surviving Christmas

3. He just looks like a D-bag

• Like 1

Not being Ben affleck biased but the new movie is supposed to have a older batman. Not a young 25 year old. Just thinking about it he fits the role to me as an older batman. Who else would we rather have Will Ferell.

The use of Will Ferrell doesn't help your point... because yes I would rather have Will Ferrell.