Craigslist pros, would you make an offer on this?

nolanfan34

Well I pulled the trigger. The Legos weigh 8lbs 4 oz. not including the mini figs plus all the accessories including 2 blue base plates.

Includes manuals for 7121, 7131,7128, 7110, 6497, 7151 and 7161. There are some other sets including 6560 which looks mostly complete. I won't know until I go through it all. At the very least my daughter thought it was a great deal and was very excited. Some 74 min figs plus parts,of others. There is also a big pile of mini fig accessories that I did not include. So how did I do?

post-6403-0-18447700-1376703334_thumb.jp

That's the funny thing about those lots. If you had posted there were 74 minifigs, even if not complete, I think most would have said no-brainer for $35. I think you did well, but I am not an expert yet. Just the instructions alone could net $20-25 though if you wanted to sell them by themselves.

That's the funny thing about those lots. If you had posted there were 74 minifigs, even if not complete, I think most would have said no-brainer for $35. I think you did well, but I am not an expert yet. Just the instructions alone could net $20-25 though if you wanted to sell them by themselves.

Correct. The picture showed no figs, at $35 just the figs alone are a great deal, the lego is just gravy!

It's megablok. Says galaxy on the front. No other megabloks, one duplo and some Jurassic park action figures included.

That's kinda what I thought. I bought about 30 pounds from Goodwill a while back and there was a baseplate like that mixed in there.

Guest betsy805

Do you find ,many Legos at goodwill? I have looked before but have never found any at all.

At least in the Seattle area, the goodwills all ship their legos to the downtown seattle branch and they ALL get sold via ebay in bulk lots and minifigure lots.  Not sure if all goodwills do this or not.  

Guest betsy805

Well I pulled the trigger. The Legos weigh 8lbs 4 oz. not including the mini figs plus all the accessories including 2 blue base plates.

Includes manuals for 7121, 7131,7128, 7110, 6497, 7151 and 7161. There are some other sets including 6560 which looks mostly complete. I won't know until I go through it all. At the very least my daughter thought it was a great deal and was very excited. Some 74 min figs plus parts,of others. There is also a big pile of mini fig accessories that I did not include. So how did I do?

awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

At least in the Seattle area, the goodwills all ship their legos to the downtown seattle branch and they ALL get sold via ebay in bulk lots and minifigure lots.  Not sure if all goodwills do this or not.

I've also seen bulk lots on eBay from other goodwills. They seem to describe their lots pretty well too.

What do you guys think of 5887 dino defense hq, 5883 tower takedown and 5882 coelophysis ambush for $100? Used, no box and no instructions.

First I would check ebay & BL to see if instructions and sticker sheets are available. Some of the more obscure sets (dino qualifies) are almost impossible to complete. Dont worry about the boxes though.

the sets themselves are complete. How important is it to have an instuction booklet included? I spoke with the guy who was selling it and he said the instructions are found on the lego website. Is this true?

First I would check ebay & BL to see if instructions and sticker sheets are available. Some of the more obscure sets (dino qualifies) are almost impossible to complete. Dont worry about the boxes though.

Yes booklets can be found in lego website and others like Brickset and Peeron. You can also often find booklets for sale on bricklink. some are cheap and others can get pricey. If it's for personal build, it's up to you how important the booklets are. For resale, opinions vary, but I would say in the 5-15% range...depends on how rare. Someone else want to comment on value of booklets for resale?

• Like 1