Polybags - general discussion

Any polybaggers around here?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a polybag collector?

• I am a serious polybag collector and must have at least one for my personal collection.
    • I am a casual polybag collector and only buy what I like.
    • I do not collect polybags.
  2. 2. Do you invest in polybags?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

15 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

like the admiral?

Hey don't mess with the admiral. How about the re release of Darth Revan, Hoth Hahn, T1 weren't all of those "found" stock from old production runs?  I can't recall spent too much time in the hot sun this weekend. Plus this a POD we know that LEGO has already made or will be making what is it 3 new different pods this year (I have this info from a trusted inside source who has set numbers and names) so will they reconfigure the mold to go back to the Batpod we shall see. Like you I dumped all mine to Asian markets except for today's they will go in the vault with the admiral ;) 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

e786f11cc1203efef2764143b38947f1.jpg

Bought this at TRU today out of curiosity (and my three year old).

What are these postcard things supposed to be for? Nothing in instructions

Maybe there's an app?

Otherwise, they look like inserts for a picture frame.

Indeed. The market is about to get flooded. Then it's a waiting game.

Yeah, that's why I didn't go buy any today. I figure if any are left on Thursday, 20% sale+TRUTH+GC will be a decent deal. If they're all gone by then, I won't shed a tear.

It was holding strong at $16 on BL.

But some undercutter a have brought it down to $10.99

If it stays above $12 I'll grab a bunch.

only 1 US certificate number for them as of now so that should be one run overall for US.    Tested 12/27/16 and entered 3/22/17

EU has 26 but believe they just have to do 1 for each country.   There docs just say date signed which was 1/3/17 for all of them.

Possible the full run was 1409 as well.  Both signature / entry dates being after the production of 49/50B6.   

Interesting while checking last US Castle cert was December of 2016.  On the bad side T1 was just issued another on 5/29/17.  Good thing we were getting low...

• Like 2

only 1 US certificate number for them as of now so that should be one run overall for US.    Tested 12/27/16 and entered 3/22/17
EU has 26 but believe they just have to do 1 for each country.   There docs just say date signed which was 1/3/17 for all of them.
Possible the full run was 1409 as well.  Both signature / entry dates being after the production of 49/50B6.   
Interesting while checking last US Castle cert was December of 2016.  On the bad side T1 was just issued another on 5/29/17.  Good thing we were getting low...

Translate this for me.
Buy and hold?

Just now, donbee said:

Translate this for me.
Buy and hold?

ha,  I'm not  one to hold much of anything these days for long term.  Especially in polys.  It should hold its own though after the TRU ones are gone.  Doesn't really seem like a lot being able to be purchased in bulk like past years.  If most got 50-100 that is not many per store.  30320 was actually higher than that at some stores but not all stores got that one as well.  

LL will sit on inventory for years and keep recycling the promos so they are really not one to worry about dropping the price.  TC-14 lingered for 4 years there and still never got put in the system to buy outright.  All of the GWP are coded that way now so really hard to buy in bulk.   Could change but for now Pod seems safe overall. Won't be $25+ but $15-20 should be foreseeable again.  Even at the high price it never had enough demand to move in volume.  That is the problem with a lot of the obscure ones.  Only so much demand.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

My TRU locations near me (3) said they are not for individual sale until the promo is over so big YMMV

I went for the first time on Monday around lunch time and there were none out (despite the signs being up in the Lego section for them).  Took an employee 20 minutes to figure out they were still in the back and then they just stuck them all on one of the metal racks in the Lego section.  In total I've purchased 13 (plus a free one with the Bane truck set). 

You should tell the TRU near you that the polybags ring up individually and on sale to boot - a big clue that these should also be sold to anyone that wants one.  

27 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

My TRU locations near me (3) said they are not for individual sale until the promo is over so big YMMV

8 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I went for the first time on Monday around lunch time and there were none out (despite the signs being up in the Lego section for them).  Took an employee 20 minutes to figure out they were still in the back and then they just stuck them all on one of the metal racks in the Lego section.  In total I've purchased 13 (plus a free one with the Bane truck set). 

You should tell the TRU near you that the polybags ring up individually and on sale to boot - a big clue that these should also be sold to anyone that wants one.  

I was told the same thing as @Martae54 yesterday.  They would not ring up individually for sale and were not available to purchase until end of promotion.  Everything was 20% off for TLBM though there were no signs.  This is very common for my TRU that they will do absolutely nothing to help the customer.  I've had on more than one occasion a set taken away from me because it was out before street date as well.  I don't shop there anymore except for exclusive stuff like these.

• Like 1