General Kozu Minifigure worth

Scissorino

Guest eightbrick

On eBay, his last couple sales have been from 3-12 dollars alone, averaging around 6 dollars.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=lego+general+kozu&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1

On Bricklink, he is selling for a lot more, with the average selling price being $13.16

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?M=njo074

Good luck whether you are planning to sell or buy!

EDIT: Oops, sorry about that didn't see you were in the UK. The UK equivelent of 6 dollars USD is 3.91, and of 13.16 is 8.57. ;)

Guest eightbrick

I have one to sell, seems like there are many more selling in the US, but was wondering why there seem to be so few on the secondary market in the UK. I guess he's from a 2013 set and most kids want to hang on to him?

Possibly. If you have no use for him, I would sell it. 8 pounds is pretty good for a minifigure.

On eBay, his last couple sales have been from 3-12 dollars alone, averaging around 6 dollars.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=lego+general+kozu&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1

On Bricklink, he is selling for a lot more, with the average selling price being $13.16

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?M=njo074

Good luck whether you are planning to sell or buy!

EDIT: Oops, sorry about that didn't see you were in the UK. The UK equivelent of 6 dollars USD is 3.91, and of 13.16 is 8.57. ;)

The Hong Kong ones all seem to be replicas/customs/non-Lego fakes made of PVC?!

Guest eightbrick

The Hong Kong ones all seem to be replicas/customs/non-Lego fakes made of PVC?!

Yes. I was recently in Hong Kong and quite common there, especially in touristy areas are these "BELA" rip offs. They sell set copies of Ninjago, Chima and some other stuff. I purchased a Chima raven glider by BELA to compare to the real and the quality isn't that good (I'll post a blog article on this soon). The fakes are not good indicators of value, if you bargain with the people selling them in HK you can get the price really low (for example, that raven glider I bought was for 50 HK dollars... about 7 dollars US or 4 pounds - and I wasn't even bargaining that hard).

Yes. I was recently in Hong Kong and quite common there, especially in touristy areas are these "BELA" rip offs. They sell set copies of Ninjago, Chima and some other stuff. I purchased a Chima raven glider by BELA to compare to the real and the quality isn't that good (I'll post a blog article on this soon). The fakes are not good indicators of value, if you bargain with the people selling them in HK you can get the price really low (for example, that raven glider I bought was for 50 HK dollars... about 7 dollars US or 4 pounds - and I wasn't even bargaining that hard).

I find it crazy that they go to the trouble of making them only to sell them for such a low price. Can't stand any Lego rip-offs!

Guest eightbrick

I find it crazy that they go to the trouble of making them only to sell them for such a low price. Can't stand any Lego rip-offs!

LOL HK is like a breeding ground for fake stuff. Fake beats for 20 bucks, fake Polo shirts for 7 bucks, fake Ninjago minifigures for a couple bucks... it's crazy! They even went to the trouble of replicating, but not exactly copying, the picture on the front of the box. I'm assuming that allowed them to pass through some sort of copyright loophole... other than the BELA symbol instead of the Lego one, the boxes look pretty much identical.

• 2 weeks later...