The Simpsons - general discussion

Darth Lego

• 4 weeks later...

What could very well be the official Ned Flanders minifigure from either The Simpsons sets or Collectable Minifigures series has popped up on eBay.

The Brick Fan

10813173483_ef33fa71ec_o.jpg

Okay, now has anyone else noticed how almost all these minifigures which should not be available to anyone keep popping up in Mexico? Every seller location I have read is from some town in a part of Central America. There is no way that is a coincidence.

Guest eightbrick

Love it. I like how they are using thick lines to give the figures the impression of being cartoon characters. Lego has some factories in South America so they could be leaks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Even though I'm not a Simpsons fan, I can foresee enormous growth potential in full sets of minifigures hence, I will be collecting for profit not pleasure.

• 10 months later...

About houses, I can only imagine the Kwik-E-market, Bart's school and Flanders' house.

The kwik-e-market is the best bet IMO. I can imagine it perform as well as the simpsons house.

The nuclear plant is too big and boring, moe's bar is impossible (alcohol) and the nursing home is very unlikely.

The school bus is a possibility, as a medium-sized set, and so is Krusty's show.

For smaller sets I think of Homer in the nuclear plant behind his "desk" (with a "nuclear explosion" button), and Bart's tree house.

I hope we'll see some more simpsons sets, like lego did for squaresponge bob.

• Like 1

I really like this theme. I believe this is the kind of theme that can pull people into the market that were not typically Lego collectors. Lots of Simpsons collectors out there. I have a sealed case of 60 minifigs and another complete set of 16 also sealed. House just came out so I am not in the market for full msrp yet but have been looking for discounts and ebay auctions.

About houses, I can only imagine the Kwik-E-market, Bart's school and Flanders' house.

The kwik-e-market is the best bet IMO. I can imagine it perform as well as the simpsons house.

The nuclear plant is too big and boring, moe's bar is impossible (alcohol) and the nursing home is very unlikely.

The school bus is a possibility, as a medium-sized set, and so is Krusty's show.

For smaller sets I think of Homer in the nuclear plant behind his "desk" (with a "nuclear explosion" button), and Bart's tree house.

I hope we'll see some more simpsons sets, like lego did for squaresponge bob.

Didn't even think about Moe's bar like that but you have a point. Question is, it was for the Simpsons bday, a one off. You think they would make an entire theme around it?

Oh, that Ralph.

He taught us the key to winning a grade school science fair competition is bringing a bunch of original MISB Star Wars action figures to display.

True!! "You bent my Wookie"- Classic Ralph.

And Apu's store would certainly make the most sense for a second large build. I have loved The Simpsons for 20+ years... Thank you TLG for producing these.

• 2 months later...

LEGO releasing the house for 2014 and now a possible Kwik-E-Mart in 2015 (from all the rumors) does give way to more releases for the licensed theme than I ever thought was going to happen. I honestly figured "one set, one series, done" but here we are looking at another large exclusive set and series of Collectable Minifigures. It's like the uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures.