June/July Brickfolio update

I wonder how come Hot Dog stand did not sell 30 times .... kinda weird but ok i might be wrong it seemed like alot of activity on that polybag

I looked at the hot dog cart. Is this the one you are looking at?

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=40078-1

I see over 200 sales in the US alone.  The other numbers for the regions will be coming shortly.

The Australian B-Wing prices are incorrect. If they were selling for $117.52 AU I would buy every single one in the country.

Also have emailed through.

I fixed a bad listing for the B-wing.  The value went up, but there is still a 30% drop.

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=10227-1

Overall, I think you may need to be a little more patient with the Australian data.  The number of sales is MUCH lower than the rest, so it may take a little longer to get a solid data set to find the proper highs and lows.

Thanks for the update!

It may be a symptom of the process being incomplete, but I'm seeing month labels duplicated in my overall brick index:

APR APR MAY MAY JUN JUN JUL JUL, etc.

Just an FYI. Maybe I should post in a "bug/defect" thread?

Yours should be fine now.  Perhaps you were adjusting your brickfolio when it was updating.  There are no duplicate months now.

Yes, all fine now, thanks.

Being a web software engineer myself, I appreciate how much time/effort you guys put into this site - by any metric, this is a grade A+ site.

Now that I'm done stroking egos, time to plan my buy/sell/hold activities for the weekend...

The compliment is truly appreciated!

Thanks Jeff.

Out of interest, what causes some of the slow sellers to go wrong?

Whenever there is are less sales for a particular set and the data is wrong from whoever sold it, there is a much more noticeable number/value issue.  For the set you were talking about, there have only been a few sales in the past few months for this region.  Then you had a New set that was labelled by the seller as Used.  I can't tell you how many times that happens. I haven't had time to do it, but I usually run some queries that will search for used sets that are actually close to New values to find how many sets might be mislabeled.  That is why you sometimes many notice shifts in your Brickfolio a week later.

My ROI went from 6% down to 3.5% :(

Too much buying sets yet to be near EOL

Yes, that is an issue.  I also have a lot of older SW sets that have plateaued.  The drop shipping issue is minor and only happens on new sets which can be discounted anyway, so the set data from still available sets is always sketchy until they get retired.