So... work today...

boxofcorey

I doubt most of you read through the introductions on the forums, but in mine I talked about how my wife and I run a children's retail store and how it allows me easy intake of toys, etc. on a semi-routine basis... it's amazing the stuff that people completely disregard because they are considered just "toys". Well, today was one of those random days and this is what I managed to take out of the store today... Not all LEGO but still, a decent haul today. :frantics:

2rnua6p.jpg

2diou1j.jpg

Now just have to figure out what I'm doing with all this stuff. :poke:

I doubt most of you read through the introductions on the forums, but in mine I talked about how my wife and I run a children's retail store and how it allows me easy intake of toys, etc. on a semi-routine basis... it's amazing the stuff that people completely disregard because they are considered just "toys". Well, today was one of those random days and this is what I managed to take out of the store today... Not all LEGO but still, a decent haul today. :frantics:

2rnua6p.jpg

2diou1j.jpg

Now just have to figure out what I'm doing with all this stuff. :poke:

That ATAT is awesome!

Guest idunno101

Nice big bins of parts, are they disassembled sets or are they just random pieces. If they're random pieces you might want to go through the bins to see if there's anything special. You never know :wink:

WIth all the loose bricks you must come across you have to build a MOC of epic proportions, do you build any MOC's?

Unfortunately, no. All those plastic totes in the background are filled with loose bricks as well. Maybe someday I'll get the creativity to come up with something but for now they are just waiting to be organized.

Nice big bins of parts, are they disassembled sets or are they just random pieces. If they're random pieces you might want to go through the bins to see if there's anything special. You never know :wink:

Combo of both I'd assume by quick glance. I do, however, need to figure out what that base plate in front goes to... I'm assuming an old Kingdoms set based on the stupid amount of minifigs I plucked out of that tote already. Also found 21 Harry Potter minifigs but no real discernible large set from which they came from.  :blink:

I'm so jealous of ya'll that own shops and just have the toys brought right to you, no effort involved at all. And then on top of that, you can act like that guy from pawn stars, tell everyone that their stuff is basically worthless, and they'll still sell it to you just because theywant to be rid of it. So awesome.

Guest idunno101

I'm so jealous of ya'll that own shops and just have the toys brought right to you, no effort involved at all. And then on top of that, you can act like that guy from pawn stars, tell everyone that their stuff is basically worthless, and they'll still sell it to you just because theywant to be rid of it. So awesome.

Wow, now I'm thinking of creating my own toy shop because of this topic. LOL, the things the internet can show you  :read:

You have no idea how hard it is when it comes to LEGO products that I want. I have to get them for a good price, regardless, so offer the Pawn Stars lowball pricing and if they accept...

tumblr_mq5xmjBZa41qdlh1io1_400.gif

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm finally back to sorting my first bulk purchase post-house-move - paid about $100 including shipping, already have twice that in minifigures and they make up about 1/8 pound of the 40 pounds I bought. Another 10 or 15 is Megabloks and their ilk that I'll sell in bulk on our small eBay i.d.; the remainder Lego in good or better condition.

With that, I plan to sort out the new (still in their sealed bags), uncommon, scarce, and (if I'm lucky) rare pieces for Bricklink, then list the remainder in attractive color-coordinated small bulk lots on our main eBay i.d.

Conservatively, I don't see how we can make less than 5X our money. It has been a time sink, but like most new things I'm already finding faster, more efficient ways to deal with it all. I have a second bulk lot waiting in its box (only 20 pounds or so) so we'll see how quick I can get through the process the second time.

My favorite site so far for looking up my minifigs and soon my "weird" parts is Brickset - anyone have a different recommendation? I like their browse very much, but am always willing to look at a better mousetrap.

I'm finally back to sorting my first bulk purchase post-house-move - paid about $100 including shipping, already have twice that in minifigures and they make up about 1/8 pound of the 40 pounds I bought. Another 10 or 15 is Megabloks and their ilk that I'll sell in bulk on our small eBay i.d.; the remainder Lego in good or better condition.

With that, I plan to sort out the new (still in their sealed bags), uncommon, scarce, and (if I'm lucky) rare pieces for Bricklink, then list the remainder in attractive color-coordinated small bulk lots on our main eBay i.d.

Conservatively, I don't see how we can make less than 5X our money. It has been a time sink, but like most new things I'm already finding faster, more efficient ways to deal with it all. I have a second bulk lot waiting in its box (only 20 pounds or so) so we'll see how quick I can get through the process the second time.

My favorite site so far for looking up my minifigs and soon my "weird" parts is Brickset - anyone have a different recommendation? I like their browse very much, but am always willing to look at a better mousetrap.

Brickset is the best, especially if you know what theme the minifigs came from. That site has helped me determine a ton of minifigs that I didn't even know I had pieces to.

The time is the biggest obstacle with bulk... I have between 7 and 10 large totes filled with loose LEGO that I take small chunks out of when I'm watching TV or something. When dealing with multiple lots, I've always run into the issue of making sure the lots stay separate as you never know what you're going to find and it's much easier to combine a set when you MIGHT know where the remaining pieces are.

Brickset is the best, especially if you know what theme the minifigs came from. That site has helped me determine a ton of minifigs that I didn't even know I had pieces to.

The time is the biggest obstacle with bulk... I have between 7 and 10 large totes filled with loose LEGO that I take small chunks out of when I'm watching TV or something. When dealing with multiple lots, I've always run into the issue of making sure the lots stay separate as you never know what you're going to find and it's much easier to combine a set when you MIGHT know where the remaining pieces are.

I totally agree with this. I have to do it while doing something else. It takes a long time to do and if you spend too long in one sitting it can turn you off to it.