Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

5 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

i am assuming that you looked at the item and verified that you have what you sent right? 

its very weird to have name and address and return.

:) I didn't get the magnifying glass out, but I did triple check the seals/edges and the weight & sound of contents seem about right. It also helps I use actual pictures of the very set sold, so I know it's the same box, but in worse shape than before.

4 hours ago, Lego Templar said:

I can speak from experience here lol...

I only started selling stuff like in mass on eBay like 3 months ago. I was sending everything media mail and first class (whatever the cheapest was and went by eBay's shipping page) is it under this and that...yes..cool!

Well of the 20 packages I sent out 1 messaged me saying they were holding the package for extra postage. I just paypaled him the difference and extra to make up for my mistake. Seems only small towns stop and look at each package. It was a small city in Montana. So if you live in a big city shouldn't be a problem (depends who is working)

If it is a problem 2 things will happen. 1 it will return to him. 2. They will make you pay the difference. On a set that big easily another 12-15 dollars. You can refuse the package and it will go back to him or you can eBay message him and see if he will just do what I had to do.

Maybe an honest mistake like myself or trying to beat the system...regardless you won't know till you get a notice or it's left at your front door.

You're treading on mail fraud here.  Please be honest with the postal system, and let's not continue to talk of ways to beat the system.

LEGO cannot be sent via Media Mail.  End of story.  It's not media.  A book about LEGO would qualify as media mail.  A book that includes a minifigure would qualify as media mail.  The instruction manual for a LEGO set would qualify as media mail.  But bricks are not media.

• Like 2

You're treading on mail fraud here.  Please be honest with the postal system, and let's not continue to talk of ways to beat the system.
LEGO cannot be sent via Media Mail.  End of story.  It's not media.  A book about LEGO would qualify as media mail.  A book that includes a minifigure would qualify as media mail.  The instruction manual for a LEGO set would qualify as media mail.  But bricks are not media.

Sir, I believe you're eyes have betrayed you.  It's a mop.
Capture.JPG

0dadc015df18abe729ae8b6dd5aa538c.jpg

After viewing the picture. It is indeed a mop. You can slowly lower it...
  • Like 2

Not sure where to post this, but it does have a bit of fruitcake in it.

Bought a Caterham 21307 off of eBay with my eBay Bucks.  Seller took a priority mail branded box that is shoebox size and smashed it down to the Lego box size.  They then shoved the Caterham into it.  Arrived like someone sat on it and has extensive wear on the edges from being shoved into the box.  (No packing material at all - not that any would have fit.)

I sent the seller a nice note explaining the poor packing and how it did not arrive in the same condition upon which it left them.  Almost 3 days later and no response.

Do I now file a SNAD?  Seems a little extreme, but this is a box I would have never purchased off of the shelf.  I expect a normal amount of shelf wear, but not extensive wear caused by inadequate packaging.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

Not sure where to post this, but it does have a bit of fruitcake in it.

Bought a Caterham 21307 off of eBay with my eBay Bucks.  Seller took a priority mail branded box that is shoebox size and smashed it down to the Lego box size.  They then shoved the Caterham into it.  Arrived like someone sat on it and has extensive wear on the edges from being shoved into the box.  (No packing material at all - not that any would have fit.)

I sent the seller a nice note explaining the poor packing and how it did not arrive in the same condition upon which it left them.  Almost 3 days later and no response.

Do I now file a SNAD?  Seems a little extreme, but this is a box I would have never purchased off of the shelf.  I expect a normal amount of shelf wear, but not extensive wear caused by inadequate packaging.

Did the seller describe the item as either mint or excellent condition? If so, it won't hurt to open a SNAD case as the worst thing that could happen is that you simply keep the item. Careless and unresponsive sellers need to be taught a lesson. So that there's no backlash, are your buying and selling accounts separate?

Thanks, I'll reach back out one more time and then file SNAD if no response.  Pictures of item show none of the wear that occurred during shipment.  Accounts not separate because I had a lot of Bucks on my selling account.  Can always block them.  Odd thing - seller with 1000+ feedback at 100%.

On 1/12/2017 at 9:26 AM, jonnyhanukkah said:

I ordered a Captain Rex's AT-TE this week from a seller on ebay and it seems he's shipped it via First-Class Package Service when I track it online.  Not sure how that's possible though since it's a big box with over 900 pieces.  Should I be concerned?  It's in the US Postal Service's posession and in transit with an estimated delivery date of this Saturday...

Update: This came in today, a day early - the label was indeed a first class mail label, weighing 3 oz haha

It was the set, all bags verified - but he just shipped it wrapped in plain brown paper, which I'm not thrilled about.  Box took a bit of a beating.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Update: This came in today, a day early - the label was indeed a first class mail label, weighing 3 oz haha

It was the set, all bags verified - but he just shipped it wrapped in plain brown paper, which I'm not thrilled about.  Box took a bit of a beating.  

I had a seller do that with a mint condition box to me once. Needless to say it was no longer mint when it arrived. Canada post denied his insurance claim because they said that he did not package it adequately. 

Edited by Sharkbait

Guest TabbyBoy
20 hours ago, trstnkn said:

Thanks, I'll reach back out one more time and then file SNAD if no response.  Pictures of item show none of the wear that occurred during shipment.  Accounts not separate because I had a lot of Bucks on my selling account.  Can always block them.  Odd thing - seller with 1000+ feedback at 100%.

It could be somebody else P&Ping while the seller is away, I've done this but, I make sure that they know what they are doing.

Sold 2x ISD for $550 at Amazon. buyer received and file  a-to-z right away with comments "Not an original brand item. Total rip-off.. disappointed"

I sent a message to buyer i am happy to refund if item is returned as original condition.

I response to Amazon that I never sold anything "not an original band in the last 3 years from amazon with over 500+ order. i sold 2 excite items 2 days ago with order number provided and no one complain about it. I can dig up the receipt from TRU (thanks god e-receipt from TRU) to prove my purchase.

i want to know anyone here have similar situation and what is the out come. 

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

I had a seller do that with a mint condition box to me once. Needless to say it was no longer mint when it arrived. Canada post denied his insurance claim because they said that he did not package it adequately. 

just send him a polite note requesting a partial refund, they'll soon get sick of it. Negative feedback if they kick back.

My bank sent me a letter stating I was doing "business activity" on my personal bank account and that if I don't stop they are going to close my account.

The letter was sent to my parents house, the address the account was originally opened under. Not the current active address. Nor did they send me an email (enrolled in paperless).

Needless to say, I've always hated that bank and I'm glad they finally gave me good reason to leave!

Curious if anyone has had these troubles with non-business bank accounts.

Edited by landphieran

Guest TabbyBoy
13 minutes ago, landphieran said:

My bank sent me a letter stating I was doing "business activity" on my personal bank account and that if I don't stop they are going to close my account.

The letter was sent to my parents house, the address the account was originally opened under. Not the current active address. Nor did they send me an email (enrolled in paperless).

Needless to say, I've always hated that bank and I'm glad they finally gave me good reason to leave!

If you're selling to make a profit, you NEED a business account - it's not the bank's fault. Your eBay/PayPal should also be business accounts. Of course, you're submitting a tax return, right? ;-)  This applies to the UK and I would expect the US to be similar.

Bank business accounts are worth every penny as you often get superb advise, preferential treatment and good rates on loans and overdrafts.

14 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

Sold 2x ISD for $550 at Amazon. buyer received and file  a-to-z right away with comments "Not an original brand item. Total rip-off.. disappointed"

I sent a message to buyer i am happy to refund if item is returned as original condition.

I response to Amazon that I never sold anything "not an original band in the last 3 years from amazon with over 500+ order. i sold 2 excite items 2 days ago with order number provided and no one complain about it. I can dig up the receipt from TRU (thanks god e-receipt from TRU) to prove my purchase.

i hope that you have plenty of pictures and proof regarding this item.

i am not sure if they [amazon will accept retail receipts {or TRU receipts} ].

this is where it gets dicey.. even if you win A-Z claim when "not an original Brand" issue is brought into picture i.e. fake not authentic.

in the past, amazon has blocked your listing and have asked for authenticity. problem with retired sets are you can't provide "invoices for last 6 months for the same item"[ if you can get invoices].

if i recall, B-A has more recent information regarding how his listing was blocked and his process for getting it lifted. but i believe it took a while.

19 minutes ago, landphieran said:

if you are doing enough volume that bank is "taking notice" which means you better register yourself and cover your ass before IRS come knocking your door i.e. tax return. 

I had heard of someone else getting the same hit. What city you ship to? I'll ask him about it.

Just now, newbie77 said:

if you are doing enough volume that bank is "taking notice" which means you better register yourself and cover your ass before IRS come knocking your door i.e. tax return. 

Everything is registered and that was used as the bank account to operate business under and pay for taxes through (past 4 years). I didn't realize it was a legal requirement to have a "business bank account" when operating a sol prop.

1 minute ago, landphieran said:

Everything is registered and that was used as the bank account to operate business under and pay for taxes through (past 4 years). I didn't realize it was a legal requirement to have a "business bank account" when operating a sol prop.

even for sol prop either you are doing business as yourself or have LLC or your have fictitious name (DBA) for which its better that you have separate account. 

[ if you have been mixing your personal stuff with business then its going to be really hard. but depends on what happens. regardless its always better to keep it completely separate so that when times come you don't open multiple doors for people who are putting your activities under microscope ]

Edited by newbie77

10 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

I still have 10+ boxes to prove my inventory. Does this count?

8 minutes ago, Migration said:

I had heard of someone else getting the same hit. What city you ship to? I'll ask him about it.

BUENA PARK, CA 

I checked the address and the house is over a million which pass my over $500 purchase requirement (j/king)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

i am not sure if they [amazon will accept retail receipts {or TRU receipts} ].

this is where it gets dicey.. even if you win A-Z claim when "not an original Brand" issue is brought into picture i.e. fake not authentic.

in the past, amazon has blocked your listing and have asked for authenticity. problem with retired sets are you can't provide "invoices for last 6 months for the same item"[ if you can get invoices].

if i recall, B-A has more recent information regarding how his listing was blocked and his process for getting it lifted. but i believe it took a while.

My issue wasn't regarding product authenticity , however, as stated , is it becoming highly unlikely that Amazon will accept retail receipts as proof although u can alway try . It seems that many sellers have been hit with these accusations as of late leading to ASIN blockage and even account suspension. Definitely a sh*ty tactic used by some based on the volume of recent accusations imho . 

I know of a seller who got the buyer to admit they made a mistake by claiming item was inauthentic and Amazon would still not allow him to sell as he can't provide invoices ( none lego item ) 

9 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

I still have 10+ boxes to prove my inventory. Does this count?

BUENA PARK, CA 

I checked the address and the house is over a million which pass my over $500 purchase requirement (j/king)

in my experience, number of boxes or items you have don't count. its what you can prove via documentation of the purchases with Invoices. but again B-A has more up-to-date information.

there are lot of zip-codes in US where even a dump is worth more than a million. just because purchase was made by person providing that address doesn't mean that person actually lives there. [ i had few of my orders being ordered by housekeepers and maids. which were signed but then of course A-Z for unauthorized purchase LOL ].

these kind of shenanigans are usually launched by your competitors. and that city does have few lego sellers. 

disclaimer: its not where i am. but i have had problem from that area as well. it stopped once i made purchases from the seller [in eBay] from the same area. [ i believe they realized that i know who they are and they decided to stop their crap for the time being.] 

Edited by newbie77