Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

7 hours ago, Phil B said:

"

Hey there,

I am interested in the set and I'm ok with the box wear because it's for myself. Can you do $115 shipped to 60463?

Al

"

Item is listed for $200 with no option for Best Offer.

I got super tired of that sort of thing so now in all my listings I started including language along the lines of:

"If there's no "make an offer" option, the price is firm. I am happy to answer questions about the item, but will not respond to offers sent in messages. Thanks for your understanding."

• Like 1

Need some return request advice.  I have a customer who purchased a couple of minifigs and a AT-RT vehicle claiming 'many missing pieces', however, this is something I assembled, took photos, and bagged myself, so I am confident there are no missing pieces.  I asked her to let me know what pieces are missing.  Instead of responding to give me a chance to 'make things right', the buyer requesting full refund.  What should I do?  Will eBay side with me at all if I call them and explain it from my side?

Edited by Spelunkin_Paul
add more text

1 minute ago, Spelunkin_Paul said:

Need some return request advice.  I have a customer who purchased a couple of minifigs and a AT-RT vehicle claiming 'many missing pieces', however, this is something I assembled, took photos, and bagged myself, so I am confident there are no missing pieces.  Buyer requesting full refund.  What should I do?  Will eBay side with me at all if I call them and explain it from my side?

Ask them what pieces are missing and offer to replace them.

1 minute ago, Spelunkin_Paul said:

got this as I was editing my post.  I did that and never got a chance to help her

I would still request the buyer tell you what is actually missing.  If he/she doesn't, just tell them to send everything back and you will give him/her a full refund when the set and figs arrive.

• Like 1

eBay will expect you to honor the request. No getting around it. Tell them that you will need everything returned to you in the condition you sent it to them in order to receive the refund. Good luck. I hate return requests and I'm sure you won't be the only one getting them today and in the next few days. One of the perils in reselling on eBay.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

eBay will expect you to honor the request. No getting around it. Tell them that you will need everything returned to you in the condition you sent it to them in order to receive the refund. Good luck. I hate return requests and I'm sure you won't be the only one getting them today and in the next few days. One of the perils in reselling on eBay.

Yeah, I haven't had many returns.  The couple I have had were fairly cut and dry.  Suppose I have issues with this when I receive them back, what can eBay do for me or do I have to just take a loss?

Just now, Alpinemaps said:

For those types of listings, I have a 20% restocking fee. Because you've now got to deal with your time to reinventory the set when it's returned to you, and potentially replace any parts.

I also have the buyer pay return postage. I figure I'm trying to discourage it as best I can.

I have the 20% restock fee on there, but because "there was a problem with the item", it is showing that I have to pay for shipping it back.  Not sure if the 20% restock fee will actually apply

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

For those types of listings, I have a 20% restocking fee. Because you've now got to deal with your time to reinventory the set when it's returned to you, and potentially replace any parts.

I also have the buyer pay return postage. I figure I'm trying to discourage it as best I can.

Can't they open a SNAD case and have you pay for return shipping and wave the restocking fee?

Hopefully it's just a case of buyers remorse and that you get everything back. Emphasize that you must get everything back in order for a full refund. It may help to contact eBay and tell them you are weary of this return request. I have done that in the past and asked if that buyer has many return requests or issues with their account. If they have a track record of problems, maybe eBay can help you as part of the seller protection policy.

• Like 2

I've been contacted by a buyer. His feedback is set to private, but I can see he has 104 feedbacks, 6 from the last year.  He has said: Hi please could you not leave feedback as I don't want the order to be traceable. Thanks.

shipping is to a confirmed PayPal address. Should I be worried at all? If his feedback is private why does he not want the order traceable? 

1 minute ago, Tom J said:

I've been contacted by a buyer. His feedback is set to private, but I can see he has 104 feedbacks, 6 from the last year.  He has said: Hi please could you not leave feedback as I don't want the order to be traceable. Thanks.

shipping is to a confirmed PayPal address. Should I be worried at all? If his feedback is private why does he not want the order traceable? 

Some people prefer to remain as "ghosts" on the internet using fake names / throwaway accounts so real details never found out. Some do it for genuine reason such as:

-scared about details being found out due to previously being victims of identity fraud etc

-dont want their buying history known as they buy 18+ / sexual items

-famous people and dont want people finding out their accounts

As person has 100+ feedback and confirmed address I wouldn't worry. If you want further piece of mind depending on value of item send it royal mail signed for or special delivery, so buyer can't claim item not received. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Highlander said:

I sold an item at the beginning of December, buyer contacts me just before Christmas to say they have changed there mind & want to return it.

I sold this set free postage, it cost me £13 can i claim the postage back?

No but make sure you have the buyer pay for the return shipping.

Just now, stackables said:

No but make sure you have the buyer pay for the return shipping.

They are, i asked them to put the money it cost me to send it in the returned box, they said they would.

If they don't i wanted to no if i could claim the money back

Thing is, if i didn't offer free postage would they have had to pay the postage fees back?

5 minutes ago, stackables said:

So they buyer is basically paying $30 for nothing? 

Only if they post my delivery fee back with the item.

I didnt no how it worked so i asked them for my delivery fee, they said ok.

If sell an item for £100 free p&p I'm not entitled to my postage costs back because they have changed there mind.

If i sell the same item for £100 + £15 postage, they then change there mind do they pay the £115 back?

Edited by Highlander