Selling polybags on EBay

exciter1

For those of you who flip polybags on EBay, what is your strategy?  I hope we can get a discussion going.  If you don't want to share, I understand.

I was thinking of just listing any and most common polybags I have this Fall for the Christmas shoppers.  I was thinking of posting most commons for $9.99 Buy It Now w/ free shipping.  Is this what most of you do?  Just find a price you would either accept or what the item is going for in the current market?  $9.99 is a decent price for me, since I picked up most of my polybags on clearance for $1.50 - $2.50 anyway.

Do most of you run auctions or just list at Buy It Now?  I've been listening most of my stuff at Buy It Now recently and have been doing fairly well.  Of course, when you sell something within 24 hrs, you always wonder, "What did I do wrong?  Did I sell that too cheap?"

I haven't done much in the polybag business but I wouldn't mind learning more about it, it's just one of those things I never really felt I had time for. Just seems like It's hard to make a worthy amount of money for me unless I'm flipping them in heavy volume.

When you say that 9.99 is a comfortable price for you for a "common" polybag, I am assuming you are referring to the kind that are regularly found in the Target checkout aisle hangpegs, etc. I guess the LEGO Shop at Home exclusives you intend to charge more for?

I haven't done much in the polybag business but I wouldn't mind learning more about it, it's just one of those things I never really felt I had time for. Just seems like It's hard to make a worthy amount of money for me unless I'm flipping them in heavy volume.

When you say that 9.99 is a comfortable price for you for a "common" polybag, I am assuming you are referring to the kind that are regularly found in the Target checkout aisle hangpegs, etc. I guess the S@H exclusives you intend to charge more for?

Yes, exclusives, etc. I would price differently.