Buying from Amazon UK?

seapotato

Good job you are here. I'm astounded at some of the math fails before this post!

Good thing you are here to correct us then and enlighten us with your wisdom (after Bearcrash pointed out my obvious mistake :punish:)

At the end of the day I know when I place something in my cart at Amazon UK, it will be 16.7% less in the checkout.

Good thing you are here to correct us then and enlighten us with your wisdom (after Bearcrash pointed out my obvious mistake :punish:)

At the end of the day I know when I place something in my cart at Amazon UK, it will be 16.7% less in the checkout.

It just looked to me like people were about to get pitch forks out.  I was going to post the correction to alleviate the sense of wrong-doing, but bearcrash had done already.

Guest ph4tb0i

No pitchforks.

People smarter than me calculate their prices. I knew there would be some reason behind it all (a glaringly obvious one :()

I just pay the prices set if they are viable to resell :)

ditto. The same reason why I always get co-workers/peers to verify my work. :) Mistakes happen!

I wonder why Amazon.uk has price like 34.99 then when I checkout i see price 35.xx

Like they increase a few 0.xx for me not a whole pound just like 0.25-0.35 GBP

Weird!

The prices on amazon.uk include UK VAT. When they ship to another country they re-calculate the VAT.

It looks like VAT in Slovenia is 22% while in the UK it's 20%. So, yes, you pay a little more because of taxes.

22% Tax on goods?!

If I were you, I would get a group of people together, head down to the docks, and find a Maersk ship--and start tossing the lego sets overboard!  Your leaders will get the message.  Worked for us anyway....though it is nearly time for a reminder.

22% Tax on goods?!

If I were you, I would get a group of people together, head down to the docks, and find a Maersk ship--and start tossing the lego sets overboard!  Your leaders will get the message.  Worked for us anyway....though it is nearly time for a reminder.

Uhm, yeah... I guess 20% is about the average VAT percentage in Europe. I guess that's weird to someone on the other side of the Atlantic but it's standard over here. Healthcare on the other hand is very low-cost and I always find it strange when I hear that a lot of people in the US can't pay for their medical bills. So I guess it all depends on what system you grew up with.