Back in Black: Custom Millennium Falcon

brandon90820

Finally goddamn finished...it was quite the build. I would feel terrible if I sold it after putting so many hours into it at this point, and it would take awhile to take apart...anyway, WoooO00ooo. I think it turned out okay, and it was cheap-o (for a 10179)

While I appreciate your effort and time it took you to build it... I must be honest and say ihis one is pretty ugly in my eyes.

No harm meant just my opinion.

That full black (mostly) was really cool, but this one is just a tad too colored.

Wonder how much it cost to buy all parts...

While I appreciate your effort and time it took you to build it... I must be honest and say ihis one is pretty ugly in my eyes.

No harm meant just my opinion.

That full black (mostly) was really cool, but this one is just a tad too colored.

Wonder how much it cost to buy all parts...

$300ish. My plan was to keep it around a little and sell it during the holidays unless I decide to keep it

Finally goddamn finished...it was quite the build. I would feel terrible if I sold it after putting so many hours into it at this point, and it would take awhile to take apart...anyway, WoooO00ooo. I think it turned out okay, and it was cheap-o (for a 10179)

Nice work, always great to see a plan work out and come to completion.  Is it an exact replica in all the part types (looked pretty close to me) and was it heaps cheaper to go multicolored rather than just 2 or 3 colours?  What's the extra little scene at the bottom?

Out of curiosity, did you have any plan whatsoever with color coordination? The effort is great, and you can claim you own a 10179. Unfortunately, I'm with Alcarin in that it is not the prettiest. If you can sell for more than $500, congrats!

Millenium Falcon: Ghetto Edition :laugh:

Okay, so the color scheme is, well, not very pleasing to the eye but I must give you credit on managing such a build.

Nice work, always great to see a plan work out and come to completion.  Is it an exact replica in all the part types (looked pretty close to me) and was it heaps cheaper to go multicolored rather than just 2 or 3 colours?  What's the extra little scene at the bottom?

Yup it's 100% a complete 10179 + some extra minifigs. It's supposed to be the scene when they are in on the asteroid and in the creature's mouth. I think they fight some big bat thing...i haven't seen the movie in a while

Am I the only person thinking about buying every lattice piece available for sale, only to then resell them later on bricklink?

I've been thinking about doing this for the old airbender sets since there are so few...and I love the show. But I think I'll stick with my one of each set...that would be so much $$$

Out of curiosity, did you have any plan whatsoever with color coordination? The effort is great, and you can claim you own a 10179. Unfortunately, I'm with Alcarin in that it is not the prettiest. If you can sell for more than $500, congrats!

Nope...well sort of. I searched my collection for as many pieces as I could, then bricklinked the rest, only finding the cheapest of the cheap regardless of color.  Then during the build I sort of had lots of choices, so I got to play around with the scheme and tried to save black for last in hopes it would go on the outside (cause black is obviously the coolest)