Back in Black: Custom Millennium Falcon

brandon90820

Recently I've thought about trying to build my own UCS MF, and pieces can be found pretty cheap on bricklink, but some colors are harder to find and more expensive than others. Being cheap, I had an idea to buy the cheapest colors of the pieces needed.  I've never ordered off bricklink and don't know if shipping is expensive, but the pieces are super cheap.  I don't know if this has been done before, but how much do you think a rainbow 10179 would go for and do you think it would look stupid or cool? I've always wanted to build a 10179 and this seems like a fun and cheap way (also I feel like it could go for some profits on ebay)

I am currently building a used one as I've always wanted to do it as well.  I'll probably display it for a bit then sell it on as I caan't justify having my money tied up in a set like that for too long.

It's pretty cool so far though.  I'm taking a pic every page of instructions done and going to do a crappy little time lapse for my own amusement  :twitch:

the 3 x 28 lattice piece. They go on the rear deck by the engine of the ship. - they were only made for this set, and a connections education set. they are very hard to find and bricklink has them at around $130 in the bluish gray color. - the black ones are much more common however and go for around $2.00 each.

If I were a collector that auction would inspire me to bricklink my own blackout Falcon.  I would definitely not pay $1700 for, essentially, a convenience fee for someone else to do the leg work and compile the parts for me.  How in the world could you be that big of a fan of Lego and yet be so uninformed?  It isn't like this was a one of a kind special release from Lego itself.  Why can't I find buyers like this?

the 3 x 28 lattice piece. They go on the rear deck by the engine of the ship. - they were only made for this set, and a connections education set. they are very hard to find and bricklink has them at around $130 in the bluish gray color. - the black ones are much more common however and go for around $2.00 each.

I read your post thinking you were saying there were 3 lattice pieces and had a bit of a heart attack moment thinking the set I'm building now only came with 2  :sick:

But I guess you were referring to the size, in which case Bricklink lists them as 4x28 and the cheapest ones are $110 each  :money:

I read your post thinking you were saying there were 3 lattice pieces and had a bit of a heart attack moment thinking the set I'm building now only came with 2  :sick:

But I guess you were referring to the size, in which case Bricklink lists them as 4x28 and the cheapest ones are $110 each  :money:

I was fortunate enough to have a Eurobricks member purchase the lattice pieces from LEGO Shop at Home for me and send them over (they weren't available to Australian residents apparently)

If I was making one now, I would just go for the black. There is a strong temptation now just to sell off those parts and replace them with black anyway.

If I was making one now, I would just go for the black. There is a strong temptation now just to sell off those parts and replace them with black anyway.

True.  And do you really need the radar dish, sticker sheet and stupidly large instruction book?   :devil:

Instructions on pdf, stickers can be printed, so it all comes down to the dish!

Depends how badly you want it :D

Exactly!

Just looked up the instructions and there is only one for sale for $400.  Man I feel like I should be wearing gloves or something while handling mine  :shocked:

Exactly!

Just looked up the instructions and there is only one for sale for $400.  Man I feel like I should be wearing gloves or something while handling mine  :shocked:

:money:

People will pay it too, so they can rebuild it to resell. So many people going to be butt hurt if they reissue this.