Back in Black: Custom Millennium Falcon

brandon90820

i doubt they would reissue the exact same set though - maybe a USC version with around 3,000 pieces?

This is my fear, that they'll release some halfass UCS that's somewhere between 10179 and 9465. If they made a 5000 pc Falcon now, they'd probably want to mark it at $650-700, and I don't see that happening. I do like idea of a battle-damaged Falcon, whatever the piece count. Lego star wars models are too clean and tidy to look like they're based on a war-torn, built from leftovers rebel force. I mean, that new ucs x-wing looks like it was built in a factory and washed twice.

Looks pretty cool but the price paid was nuts. Seriously? It's not like this is some Lego sanctioned limited edition version. How much could a rainbow 10179 go for? Someone may as well list one, they will probably get far more than what the pieces are worth. Definitely fits the old saying of something being worth more than the sum of its parts.

Looks pretty cool but the price paid was nuts. Seriously? It's not like this is some Lego sanctioned limited edition version. How much could a rainbow 10179 go for? Someone may as well list one, they will probably get far more than what the pieces are worth. Definitely fits the old saying of something being worth more than the sum of its parts.

There was a "Oh brother...." moment when reading the description. "Exclusive Star Wars Set, ONLY ONE BLACK VERSION IN THE WHOLE WORLD!" :wacko: Yeah, until I build my own! :onthequiet: Sure it is a cool alternate version of the original model but nothing official about it. No certificate of authenticity, no signature, nothing. It literally is just a custom modification (nice as it is).

• 4 weeks later...

Indeed. There was a thread about this Falcon a while back though, I wonder if this Ebay listing is for the same one, maybe the guy didn't sell it the first time? 

I just now saw it, I am actually impressed.  I by no means will pay $2000 for it, or any other set, but it's still an awesome change in my books.  But after all, I only work in black, or very, very dark gray.

Indeed. There was a thread about this Falcon a while back though, I wonder if this Ebay listing is for the same one, maybe the guy didn't sell it the first time?

Here is the thread: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/3971-multi-colored-10179/?hl=falcon

It looks like the last Black Falcon sold for $1,760 and it was shipped from Poland.

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-MILLENNIUM-FALCON-10179-Star-Wars-Set-BLACK-EXCLUSIVE-/151013072779?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item2329149f8b