San Diego Comic-Con 2013

Last year's SDCC exclusive was the Maul tin with mini Infiltrator.

Now that is a Comic Con exclusive!

Okay, let's pretend they do sell some of the CUUSOO Delorean at this event (probably for 3x retail). Unless there is some kind of San Diego Comic Con sleeve or printing then it will be the same exact box set as when Lego sells it on their website.

Trying to get tickets but too bad the site when down / failed to load when I tried to buy the tickets back when it was first available. Been trying to get my hands on the tickets for years now and still wasn't able to get it. If I didn't shave my head I would've pulled all my hair off!! 

Yea, I'll be running around there all four days doing some reporting on my site. Gonna be my 6th straight year there and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Looking forward to seeing what LEGO has in store.

How about one year you hook up a MOD (me preferably) with some guest passes so we can follow you around to see how famous people live! Aren't you getting a star on the walk of fame soon?

How about one year you hook up a MOD (me preferably) with some guest passes so we can follow you around to see how famous people live! Aren't you getting a star on the walk of fame soon?

I'm still trying to get some guest passes for myself. I've paid for every single year and the costs just keep going up and up. :hmm:  Maybe next year, I'll try for their press passes. I'm not that famous haha. I'm just a little guy who writes about LEGO stuff :thumbsup:

I highly doubt that this will be a comicon exclusive only. That would defeat the whole point of being a Cuusoo release. I think they are planning on using the con as a platform to officially announce the set though. And they may have some there with some kind of exclusive packaging or something, but i still believe this will be available as a general release. If they were to actually make it a con exclusive then i doubt i would bother supporting any further Cuusoo projects. If the set is going to be exclusive from the get go then why bother? Lego is an expensive enough hobby already without finding more ways to make things exclusive and jack the prices up.

If this set gets released at SDCC it will be like 2011 when they had the Star Wars advent calendar but it had additional exclusive packaging. Same exact set in a unique sleeve. BTTF will be available in a regular edition without a doubt - the LEGO store by me already has some in the back.

I highly doubt that this will be a comicon exclusive only. That would defeat the whole point of being a Cuusoo release. I think they are planning on using the con as a platform to officially announce the set though. And they may have some there with some kind of exclusive packaging or something, but i still believe this will be available as a general release. If they were to actually make it a con exclusive then i doubt i would bother supporting any further Cuusoo projects. If the set is going to be exclusive from the get go then why bother? Lego is an expensive enough hobby already without finding more ways to make things exclusive and jack the prices up.

Don't worry, this Delorean will not be a Comic Con exclusive. Like Mos Eisley stated, it may have some additional special packaging but little else. And like you said, Comic Con will be used as a sort of 'preview' launching platform like what Lego did with the Minecraft set (at some other special event).

I love how Lego can take common bricks and minifigs, throw them in a box, slap "Comic Con" and "Limited" on it, and suddenly a 7 dollar creation is worth $160.

I'm telling you, it's this kind of stuff that's gonna bring this situation to a head.

I only bring it up because I really like the micro scale Bag End. So I think I'll just build it.

I love how Lego can take common bricks and minifigs, throw them in a box, slap "Comic Con" and "Limited" on it, and suddenly a 7 dollar creation is worth $160.

I'm telling you, it's this kind of stuff that's gonna bring this situation to a head.

I only bring it up because I really like the micro scale Bag End. So I think I'll just build it.

It is better that we can build our own like that, as opposed to outrageously rare minifigs that we want but will never have.

• Like 2

It is better that we can build our own like that, as opposed to outrageously rare minifigs that we want but will never have.

I agree. I've said it before, I don't like it when Lego releases anything that I can't buy at my local store. I'm not a completionist by any means, and if you get a Mr. Gold or NY Yoda I won't hate on you. It's just the elitist attitude that limited toys create, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.