What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Passed on $65 and $59 79010 Goblin King's Battles, the set looks hazardous based on the fact that it's the Hobbit and not LOTR proper, plus there's so many of them around...

Also passed on $55 Ghost Trains.  I've got a couple already, and I think that's going to be the one out of the theme that doesn't do as well as the rest.

Passed a Gungan Sub for $40, a Creator beach house for $35, and all the creationary style games at $21 each (Ninjago, LOTR, etc).

Passed on $65 and $59 79010 Goblin King's Battles, the set looks hazardous based on the fact that it's the Hobbit and not LOTR proper, plus there's so many of them around...

Also passed on $55 Ghost Trains.  I've got a couple already, and I think that's going to be the one out of the theme that doesn't do as well as the rest.

Passed a Gungan Sub for $40, a Creator beach house for $35, and all the creationary style games at $21 each (Ninjago, LOTR, etc).

The only thing I would say about the Gungan sub is you can make money if you part it out at $40.

Amidala is worth $20 only.

Passed on a bunch of the Goblin King's Battles at $65 and $69...these will drop in price for sure...same thing with Unexpected Gathering at $49.  The Walmart's i went to just had so many of these sitting.  

Yeah, but once people start buying gifts, things may change quickly.

The only thing I would say about the Gungan sub is you can make money if you part it out at $40.

Amidala is worth $20 only.

I thought about that, but parting out the minifigs from the Quinjet set hasn't worked out for me yet.  I just started a Brickpicker account, so I doubt I'm going to be able to do much there as far as parting out goes.  I hope the eBay market is just as good for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have only limited space. They seem to be real good deals of almost 65% off but I am tapped out for the month due to buying crawlers.... I did jump on the lord of rings items... I do not know much about Star Wars in regards to Logos... plus there are varying viewpoints on this line perusing the various forums.

I went to the Lego Store with my son today. He would not let me buy anything! He is almost 3.  All he wanted to do was point to the minifigs on the bottom of the box fronts, and then find the minifigure in the display or on the box picture.  When I attempted to pick up a box, he directed me to sit it back down so he could continue to do his minifigure hunt.  

I forgot my 10% coupon at home, so I was not really excited about any purchases, but I did almost buy:

Hoth set

R2D2

Arkham Asylum

The Hoth base has some nice minifigures, but my son suggested I leave it alone.

R2D2 I am going to go back for with my 10% coupon in hand

Arkham Asylum would make a new theme for me to start collecting in, so I might put that off until I have my collecting and investing done for Star Wars and LOTR

Used Taj Mahal for $500 buy it now on eBay. Was listed as 98% complete with no box or instructions. It was newly listed and as I was doing some quick study of the pictures to see what might be missing other than the $100 set of instructions somebody else scooped it up. Oh well. maybe next time. After they buy the instructions they should still make a couple hundred on it. That's what I get for being slow.

• Like 1

I did not buy 30+ LEGO Ninjago 2011 Spiners (2111 to 2257) for a buck apiece at WAL-MART because the cashier insisted that since they were ringing up for 5 bucks.....they couldn't possibly be on the deep discount rack under the "1 buck and under" sign.  I should have kept insisted (and going up the chain of command) but I'm not really that guy, there was a line and I had my kids with me (ages 5 and 3).  It kind of makes me wish that when I was at that store yesterday buying all of the 79000 for 3 bucks each.....I didn't tell the truth on the price on the 79001 ( it was 20.00 and the cashier was more than willing to price it down to 3.00 as well).  Oh well.  I'll go back tomorrow and maybe make more of a stink about it if I don't get them at that price. 

I did not buy 30+ LEGO Ninjago 2011 Spiners (2111 to 2257) for a buck apiece at WAL-MART because the cashier insisted that since they were ringing up for 5 bucks.....they couldn't possibly be on the deep discount rack under the "1 buck and under" sign.  I should have kept insisted (and going up the chain of command) but I'm not really that guy, there was a line and I had my kids with me (ages 5 and 3).  It kind of makes me wish that when I was at that store yesterday buying all of the 79000 for 3 bucks each.....I didn't tell the truth on the price on the 79001 ( it was 20.00 and the cashier was more than willing to price it down to 3.00 as well).  Oh well.  I'll go back tomorrow and maybe make more of a stink about it if I don't get them at that price. 

That is very interesting. I have never seen Lego sets in that area of the store. I would have gone up the chain of command just to get them that cheap.

Battle at the Black Gate for $47 and something cents at Target. It was a substitute item for The Batcave and the first time I saw one with an actual sale price instead of showing the same retail for both. I only did not purchase it cause I already found a handful of other stuff prior so lack of funds mainly. Wish I could but you can't buy everything.