What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Guest eightbrick

Today I went 10418 for 10418. Perfect score!

If you were looking for a more serious response, I passed up on some planet sets from series 1 and 2 for 20% off CAN retail a couple days ago.

This is going to be a long thread. No matter how much we buy, there's even more that we don't. I didn't buy a couple creator sets that were $1 off (what a deal!), Cavalry Builder Set, Comache Camp set, and basically everything at Target. Saw them TIE Fighter polybags for $4.29. Since when do polybags get TRU treatment at Target?

Found a used green grocer the other day on CL for $500, no instructions. Confirmed with the guy that he still had it, and hit Ebay to do some pricing research. Found that most GG's used are going in the 400-500 range, and that is with the instructions. Then found out the instructions are damn expensive to buy on their own. Asked the guy if his price was negotiable and he never answered. Guess I pissed him off. :getlost:

Found a used green grocer the other day on CL for $500, no instructions. Confirmed with the guy that he still had it, and hit Ebay to do some pricing research. Found that most GG's used are going in the 400-500 range, and that is with the instructions. Then found out the instructions are damn expensive to buy on their own. Asked the guy if his price was negotiable and he never answered. Guess I pissed him off. :getlost:

You did the right thing :) a couple months ago, two new GGs sold the same week for around $550... Might have been a fluke or scam, the point is there are better deals than the one you found. I wouldn't pay more than $700 for a sealed one, so $500 for an incomplete used doesn't sound like a bargain to me...

Orc Forge. Well, I didn't buy it last week, when my Target still had 7 on the shelf. Now they're gone.... I wonder what it means. It's the first time I've ever seen any evidence of other investors in my area. Oh, well, I wasn't too hot for the set anyway. I know, I know, I'm like the only one here who doesn't have at least 76 of them. I just don't see it. It's some orcs and bits of wood with a light...

I have to agree with you on that.. I would buy twice as many fun houses than this set.. I have zero of this one.

Anyhow...

I left 4 samurai mechs @ 25 bucks.. I'm still upset that I left them... First time I didn't buy all the legos..

Browsing through the Lego.com website and checking out their August 1st offerings I am floored by the amount of cool stuff they are producing.  I swore to myself to limit themes but the city theme sets that are currently out and about to be released are fantastic.  I wish I could collect it all, but my budget has limits and I've tried to stick to particular themes.  I have a train table in the works and will need standard city elements but I have been favoring a post apocalyptic city scape lately and will still need vehicles and such to populate the mean streets.  Keep up the good work Lego.

This is going to be a long thread. No matter how much we buy, there's even more that we don't. I didn't buy a couple creator sets that were $1 off (what a deal!), Cavalry Builder Set, Comache Camp set, and basically everything at Target. Saw them TIE Fighter polybags for $4.29. Since when do polybags get TRU treatment at Target?

Its going to be a while before this thread beats the "What set did you buy today" :twitch:

Back on topic, I didn't buy 9471 on offer at Amazon.uk

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4509-9471-22-off-for-all-you-army-builders/#entry133237

One of my local supermarkets has Lego currently displayed in three separate parts of the shop. In a sale section they have 2 Turtles sets which they've never previously  had out before - 25% discount there. They also have a load of Chima stuff on 25% off and a couple of DC sets left over with the same discount... waiting for them to discount further!

Umm.... I passed up those same Mines of Moria at Target again for $55 and some odd cents the other day. Some Creator sets on sale for barely a dollar off (hooray), and the couple of Spongebob sets still left on shelves. I wish my Walmart had any sales. Both of the two around me are stuffed with stock delightfully covered in a coat of dust and I would be more than willing to help them by taking them off their hands....for 50% off of course....and their soul. :devil:

• Like 1

Umm.... I passed up those same Mines of Moria at Target again for $55 and some odd cents the other day. Some Creator sets on sale for barely a dollar off (hooray), and the couple of Spongebob sets still left on shelves. I wish my Walmart had any sales. Both of the two around me are stuffed with stock delightfully covered in a coat of dust and I would be more than willing to help them by taking them off their hands....for 50% off of course....and their soul. :devil:

Well you'll need to adjust your offer. Walmart already sold its soul lol

• Like 1

I looked at a bulk lot of Lego from CL today. I was excited because they said the lot was well-kept and had a lot of Star Wars/Harry Potter stuff. Sadly, it was pretty dissapointing. A full plastic tote, probably around 50 pounds and I think they wanted 200 for it, but there were no manuals, lots of megabloks/other toys/trash mixed in, minifigures were all mixed up and missing arms, and I didn't really see many unique pieces. Wanted so bad to find Hogwart's castle pieces because I saw a few tan/beige bricks, but they were all just basic bricks and messy junk. Apparently someone else was beating down their door to get to the lot after me, so I politely told them the other buyer could have it all and thanked them for their time. As rampantly as Lego sells around here, I'm sure someone will buy it regardless.  

I went over to Target to pick up the Water Scooter Fun 41000 since it was marked down by 40% on Target.com.  TIL that the brick and mortar store doesn't always have the same price as .com.  One of the workers said that they price match if I could pull it up on a smartphone.  Guess who doesn't have a smart phone!  So I left empty handed.

I went out to a Target to see if they possibly had any of the August 1st. releases on the shelves yet. They didn't have any out and they didn't have any other good deals so I didn't get anything. After visiting a couple of different Targets during the Target clearance, I now have a good idea of the type of sales around me. Most themes/sets sell fast at lower discounts of 10%-30%. I have yet to see any LEGO set over 30% off in my area for awhile other then the Creator sets and some Spongebob sets. (I'm strictly talking about Targets.)

I went out to a Target to see if they possibly had any of the August 1st. releases on the shelves yet. They didn't have any out and they didn't have any other good deals so I didn't get anything. After visiting a couple of different Targets during the Target clearance, I now have a good idea of the type of sales around me. Most themes/sets sell fast at lower discounts of 10%-30%. I have yet to see any LEGO set over 30% off in my area for awhile other then the Creator sets and some Spongebob sets. (I'm strictly talking about Targets.)

I was in a couple Target stores today that already had their shelves overflowing with new Star Wars Gunship, AT-TE Walkers, and some of the smaller sets.  I didn't see any Sail Barges in Target yet, but our local TRU has them.