What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy

A mint 3182 Airport that went for peanuts.  I had to join an emergency conference call at work and couldn't bid at the last minute! ;-(  I'd have tripled my money on that overnight!  A VERY hot set to flip if you see one in a poorly worded listing.

• 1 month later...

It's attached to LegoLand in Atlanta, says Lego everywhere and sells official merchandise, but is NOT owned by Lego. My wife forget her rewards card and this store does not have the ability to look up your account.

That's because LEGOLAND is owned by Merlin not LEGO (they own and operate theme parks). They will sometimes give you a 10% discount if you have your card but do not honor the rewards points.

I went to local supermarket to buy some pasta sauce, and before I bought the pasta sauce, I stopped by the toy section. They had a couple sets for 20% off, mostly Chima, a couple Friends sets. There were also some Chima Speedorz that was 50% off. The hilarious part is that there were 5  SW Freeco Speeders sitting on the shelves for $29.99. No discount. :rofl: I cannot believe this. They still had some 2 years after EOL. I could not stop laughing.

I keep skipping the LR Silver Mine at $47.99, because I really want to see if they will hold out for the 70% off clearance this month. They seem to be drying up everywhere so I don't know if they'll last that long.  There's so many great slope pieces in that one it's hard to ignore, plus the minifigs average at about $28 combined over on bricklink...

I found 6866 at walmart for regular price. The box is very beat up. I did not get it. I also found 3818 for $35 and the box is also in very bad shape, so did not get it neither. That was a week ago. Today, I went to Walmart to return something, and went to Lego section, of course could not find these two sets anymore. Wonder if I should have gotten them though.

Fair enough. Dniim. Good read on ur blog too. I'd add in the X wing. Think it will easily be 100.00 csn be had for 50 range often and was 44.00 on target last week. Some sold around 80 at Christmas. Found a heartlake Stables at tru for 55 too. Gonna go back. Use that fifteen percent coupon. And a five dollar rewards.

I found 6866 at walmart for regular price. The box is very beat up. I did not get it. I also found 3818 for $35 and the box is also in very bad shape, so did not get it neither. That was a week ago. Today, I went to Walmart to return something, and went to Lego section, of course could not find these two sets anymore. Wonder if I should have gotten them though.

Don't leave a Wolverine again, lol. I would argue pancaked it is still worth 20$

Fair enough. Dniim. Good read on ur blog too. I'd add in the X wing. Think it will easily be 100.00 csn be had for 50 range often and was 44.00 on target last week. Some sold around 80 at Christmas. Found a heartlake Stables at tru for 55 too. Gonna go back. Use that fifteen percent coupon. And a five dollar rewards.

Thank you sir.

I like the stables too. Man, the first couple of friends sets that retired have just done insanely. I really am kicking myself for not loading up on more friends sets. I have about two of all the 3xxx sets (besides olivias house). I think the flying club and the treehouse are going to triple or quadruple.

Adventure Camper you will more than double your money on. SO hard to find now.