What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

I passed on a few sets at a TRU going out of business sale. They are currently marked at 30% off and I’m checking in every few days for the next round of markdowns. Things are pretty picked over but I was surprised to find 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator ($210; box is rough), 42066 Air Race Jet ($112), and 42053 Heavy Lift Helicopter ($112). I don’t know much about Technic, but these look like interesting builds. Any thoughts about a good buyin for these sets? Any worth keeping for a good personal build (do I run the risk of getting hooked on Technics?!)?

Guest TabbyBoy

Amazon delivered 2x Destinys Bounty and I only ordered 1. I called them up and they said keep it and were really sorry about the inconvenience. It seems like the packer thought the factory box contained 1, not 2 sets. Of course, apology accepted!

Amazon delivered 2x Destinys Bounty and I only ordered 1. I called them up and they said keep it and were really sorry about the inconvenience. It seems like the packer thought the factory box contained 1, not 2 sets. Of course, apology accepted!

You are one jammy individual.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

You sure you're not just ordering extra shiz when you've had a few too many shandys? This is not the first, second or third time you've told us of sellers sending you extra significant sets. You must be a very lucky guy :)

• Haha 1

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, BarryZola said:

You sure you're not just ordering extra shiz when you've had a few too many shandys? This is not the first, second or third time you've told us of sellers sending you extra significant sets. You must be a very lucky guy :)

Maybe so, but I do order a lot more than most. I think the last time was an extra Sea Cow from SaH. With all the dinged boxes Insee these days, I call it even. Are you an elephant? You have the memory of one ;-)

BTW... I'm a Sherry, Advocaat and Babycham drinker. Shandy is for lightweights.

Edited by TabbyBoy

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Maybe so, but I do order a lot more than most. I think the last time was an extra Sea Cow from SaH. With all the dinged boxes Insee these days, I call it even. Are you an elephant? You have the memory of one ;-)

Fair point, I did consider that when writing the post. Good choice of refreshments :)

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Val-E said:

I think Tabby has enough anecdotes to write a book about Lego investing. Probably include a free Doctor Who with each copy sold too.

And... 0.00000001 ETH too as a special bonus.

I've often thought about writing a book about my unorthodox yet successful methods in some aspects of my varied career.

I'll call it either:

"The lock-up at the end of the universe"

Or...

"LEGO the cryptoverse and anything"

Or...

"So long and thanks for all the cats"

Or...

"Mostly clueless"

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

And... 0.00000001 ETH too as a special bonus.

I've often thought about writing a book about my unorthodox yet successful methods in some aspects of my varied career.

I'll call it either:

"The lock-up at the end of the universe"

Or...

"LEGO the cryptoverse and anything"

Or...

"So long and thanks for all the cats"

Or...

"Mostly clueless"

Surely given your favourite subject matter you should always be limiting yourself to 42 of any set

26 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I thought the last was an extra Saturn V. But who can keep track?