What Lego set did you NOT buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Surely given your favourite subject matter you should always be limiting yourself to 42 of any set

Let me give that some Deep Thought...

1 minute ago, mizeur said:

I thought the last was an extra Saturn V. But who can keep track?

Obviously you lot are! ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't buy the beat to hell Death Star at my local TRU for $530.  I thought about kicking it, but refrained.  

The store had zero new sets out for new Star Wars, or many other themes for that matter.  They were going side by side by side with the same set in some places trying to make the aisle look full.  Wondering if they are on the chopping block.  

I didn't buy the beat to hell Death Star at my local TRU for $530.  I thought about kicking it, but refrained.  
The store had zero new sets out for new Star Wars, or many other themes for that matter.  They were going side by side by side with the same set in some places trying to make the aisle look full.  Wondering if they are on the chopping block.  

Same at my store, they’ve only received a few of each theme and the aisles are very empty. End caps stuffed with huge True Heroes boxes and single sets in the end of the shelf trying to make the section look full.

22 hours ago, waddamon said:

Just passed up 40-45 battle on takodana at 50% off.  Maybe of they hit 75% next week ill get a few.  Do people really care that much for Max Kanata.  I'm thinking not.

Maz Kanata's role in the SW VIII will do absolutely nothing for this set except turn it into an even bigger turd.

• Like 1

Just now, richiej1979 said:

LEGO Star Wars The Last Jedi 75177 @ £25

Selling for £40 on Ebay, not worth it.

Why would what it's currently selling for on Ebay make any difference to your decision? You don't buy these sets to sell now, unless you find really crazy discounts.

A better reason not to buy it would have been, it's ****.

• Like 2

Can see 50% off RRP via 3 for 2 later in the year. Also takes up a lot of space. Nows the time to put your wallet away. Next buying window will be end of March, assuming TRU still continue to do their giftcard promo. But given their recent troubles can see this easily being scrapped

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, richiej1979 said:

Destiny's Bounty £74.99, decided it's too high and not close enough to retirement, despite loving the look of the set.

I'd have bought 2 if they let me. Remember, there's only 4 pages on the 70618 forum and that tells me all I need to know.

16 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Its only January and £75 is only same as a 3 for 2 offer price that will be available later in the year.

Yes, it has been 75 quid multiple times now on Amazon and it´s only 33% off UK RRP. I am sure you will get better deals with no buying limits closer to EOL. The Amazon offer is better for small time Euro resellers who have much higher RRP´s. If I was in the UK, I´d still want 40-50% off UK RRP to be safe.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yes, it has been 75 quid multiple times now on Amazon and it´s only 33% off UK RRP. I am sure you will get better deals with no buying limits closer to EOL. The Amazon offer is better for small time Euro resellers who have much higher RRP´s. If I was in the UK, I´d still want 40-50% off UK RRP to be safe.

£75 before were Amazon Prime only offers. The major difference now is that it is (was) not Prime exclusive. :P  And compared to Dutch RRP (€169,99) this is 50% off RRP (excluding additional shipping fee).

I know it's likely that DB could well get a higher discount later this year. But it might also be another Prime only offer. Or the discount may pass by so fast I may miss it entirely. I don't mind building up a small stash of this terrific set already. ;) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Haay said:

£75 before were Amazon Prime only offers. The major difference now is that it is (was) not Prime exclusive. :P  And compared to Dutch RRP (€169,99) this is 50% off RRP (excluding additional shipping fee).

185 euros RRP here, so count yourself lucky. I guess Lego don´t want to sell us many.

Edited by Val-E