An AFOL's nightmare.

ExoBro94

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should they have let the AFOL in?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Who cares!

As a parent, I try very hard to not over-protect my children, but it is very hard when you see the crap on the news at night.  Probably the main reason I rarely watch it anymore.  

The news is overwhelmingly bad news, it's what gets people to tune in.  I tend to avoid it.  (Former Journalism major, left it because it was unbearably depressing.  Happy stories aren't covered, they don't sell in our society.)

While you are most likely a great parent - things like that make you sound like someone who immediately thinks they are this wise old being just because they have had a child. Other's opinions should be judged on merit and fact and example.

Point being - I don't think anyone's thoughts on this is irrelevant because they don't have a child. :)

No one is saying they are 'wise' and all knowing because they have children. What we are all saying is that having kids *changes* you. Down to your very core, your soul. This has nothing to do with knowledge. You think differently about things. You act differently about things. You change as a person. Life is... different.

Equating what we're talking about to having had a dog, or a wife, or nieces or nephews, or a car or house, etc, shows how much you just don't get this. And that's fine. But if you have kids someday, you will.

This is what I meant when I said I think people who don't have kids aren't qualified to have an opinion on the matter. You can still certainly have an opinion though, I'm just going to disregard it (and I mean that in the nicest way possible!). :)

The news is overwhelmingly bad news, it's what gets people to tune in.  I tend to avoid it.  (Former Journalism major, left it because it was unbearably depressing.  Happy stories aren't covered, they don't sell in our society.)

The exact reason I avoid the nightly news, it is too depressing.  Plus the story is mostly similar from night to night... boring....

Don't be scared... 

"Recent Gallop polls have found that citizens overwhelmingly feel crime is going up even though it is not," says Professor Fox. "This is because of the growth of crime shows and the way that TV spotlights the emotional. One case of a random, horrific shooting shown repeatedly on TV has more visceral effect than all the statistics printed in a newspaper."

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0109/US-crime-rate-at-lowest-point-in-decades.-Why-America-is-safer-now

Never said I was scared.  I am more than capable of defending myself, but my kids are not.  I do agree that crime shows fuel some of the fear that we see today.  All of these highly rated shows show horrific crimes because of ratings.  Many people, in turn, take it too far with their own lives.  Same with the news.  A shooting will be on the news for days.  A feel good story is forgotten by the next segment of the nightly news. 

Yeah I see that now thanks. This probably needs to be part of that thread, anyways my vote is no, this rule is in place to protect kids from kidnapping pedophiles. Not saying that this guy was one but no need to take chances. There usually one day a month that the parks let adults in w/o kids so if he was that intent on going be could have done that.

• Like 2

This topic has 16 followers and only nine have voted. Wonder why

Because not everyone has a summer vacation just because it is summer time...

Due to time zone difference, people go to bed around this time....

No one is obligated to vote just because there is a poll question....

Should I continue ?

What do you call communism when it works? Utopia. Read Plato, stop relying on cold war propaganda to educate you.

Over-protective parents and a safer society are irrelevant to the safety of 4 yr olds. We're not talking about middle schoolers riding their bikes to the corner store. We're talking about ignorant, inexperienced morons who like to put buckets on their heads and run into walls.

Seriously some of this discussion is so off-point and saturated with specious reasoning it's almost unrecognizable. The only pertinent question: Does LegoLand's restrictive entry policy help to create a safer environment for small children?