I'm Torn Apart!!!

I have $35 to spend on hobbies right now. I have been wanting to buy a twelve month subscription of Dc comics' Batman/Superman for about two weeks going on three.... and if I don't subscribe now I won't be able to get the key first issue. I really want to buy this but my wanting of Lego is making it difficult for me to just shut up and buy it! I seek council from other nerds and fanboys..... please help ME!!!

Guest eightbrick

Ah, welcome back, haven't seen you in awhile. I don't read batman/supreman comics so, I just got some basic advice. Here's what you should do: give the subscription and Lego you want to buy a rating out of ten for how much you want it and how long you would use it for. Alone, such a exercise isn't very helpful, but you will most likely start feeling the need to change points so that one wins. That is the one you want. Works for me most of the time. Good luck!

As a fan of both mediums, I'd honestly choose the subscription if in your shoes.

Why? Because you'll have something to do and look forward to for a full year as opposed to a Lego set that you will likely only build once or twice. I mean, how much will you do with a 30 dollar set spread across an entire year? I feel like even if you grabbed a larger set on clearance, you'd wear it out too quick even if you made some MOC's out of it. Just my two cents.

• Like 2

Legos are way more expensive than comics! $35 a year for comics.... I think I spend about $300 a year on Lego.

I didn't say comics are expensive, I said they're overpriced... I don't buy comics anymore based on that principle. $4.00 for 22 pages? Riiiight.

• Like 1

There is this fable place called the library where people borrow books for free (gasp!!)  Some are known to have rather extensive collections of trade paperbacks and even manga.  While others have the ability to borrow materials from other libraries..  Perhaps it is time to look for such place  :buba:

• Like 1

There is this fable place called the library where people borrow books for free (gasp!!) Some are known to have rather extensive collections of trade paperbacks and even manga. While others have the ability to borrow materials from other libraries.. Perhaps it is time to look for such place :buba:

Tell me more of this magical land oh Great One :) I want to buy these to read them.... and then hoarde them in my closet!

I didn't say comics are expensive, I said they're overpriced... I don't buy comics anymore based on that principle. $4.00 for 22 pages? Riiiight.

$4.00 for 22 or more pages of hand drawn then inked artwork telling great stories is expensive? Try drawing one panel and see the kind of work that goes into it. Even if most of the art is done on computers, that still requires a ton of skill and time and patience.

Of course I want them in hand!! Who do you take me for, Beavis and Butthead!?!?!

Hey, even Beavis & Butthead liked their comics in hand! They were dumb, but not that dumb. :tease:

I'm tired of raiding my dad's outdated comics from the early 90's.

You won't say that after you find his 'girlie' mags. Ha! :laugh:

There is this fable place called the library where people borrow books for free (gasp!!)  Some are known to have rather extensive collections of trade paperbacks and even manga.  While others have the ability to borrow materials from other libraries..  Perhaps it is time to look for such place  :buba:

The Houston Public Library has oodles of graphic novels. And there are plenty of great Batman stories you haven't read yet B)

I understand the allure of a minty fresh comic, but there are better, less expensive ways to enjoy the books. And the cheaper you get them, the more of them you can read.