storm in toronto

Guest ph4tb0i

Guest eightbrick

Saw this on the news. Stay safe guys. Strange stuff happening in Canada recently. First, a flood in Alberta, then the Quebec rail disaster, then this. It seems the summer is getting progressively more dangerous. Hope it blows over for you guys soon.

I live in New York near Buffalo, and it has been raining constantly for forever. Hope it let's up for you guys. Stay safe and make sure the Legos are safe.

Same in Chicago. Constant rain until about 3:00. Then more rain at about 5:30. Definitely weird weather around here.

Saw this on the news. Stay safe guys. Strange stuff happening in Canada recently. First, a flood in Alberta, then the Quebec rail disaster, then this. It seems the summer is getting progressively more dangerous. Hope it blows over for you guys soon.

You're right. This has been a strange summer. I have family in TO. I hope everyone stays safe and dry. 

Guest ph4tb0i

thx for all the well wishes all..

fortunately my lego is sitting in my apartment some 30 floors above ground level, so hopefully it's still dry. 

unfortunately i still have not been able to get home since my neighbourhood still does not have power (15 hours after the storm :(). guess it's a good thing my parents live 15 minutes away from me and they have power/internet.... 

little brother: "so... come crawwwlin' back eh?" 

>_>

You're right. This has been a strange summer. I have family in TO. I hope everyone stays safe and dry. 

This really has been a strange summer. It has never been raining like this for so long before. I mean, this is supposed to be summertime with sunshine and heat waves and pool parties and....stuff. I barely managed to have a couple of days for the grass to dry off enough to mow.

I hate lawn maintenance so luckily this year I haven't had to water once.  Mowed it last week before the heavy rain - perfect timing.  I find when it gets too long you get more bugs/mosquitos flying around.  Saw a few mushrooms sprout on my lawn lol...must be from the moisture, bad ph balance/mixture in top soil or something.  Oh well, my lawn is perfect height right now.

New gas mower for father's day has helped make mowing easier this year at least. 

*heard local residence were rushing to stores for bottled water.  Some folks still out of power.  Lots of flooded basement and I'm sure insurance companies are busy.  Hope no ones car got flooded/stuck.  Yesterday broke the 1day record for most rain EVER recorded in Toronto...but this is mild compared to what our fellow Canadians out west went/going through so we're lucky in Hogtown.             

Guest ph4tb0i

I hate lawn maintenance so luckily this year I haven't had to water once.  Mowed it last week before the heavy rain - perfect timing.  I find when it gets too long you get more bugs/mosquitos flying around.  Saw a few mushrooms sprout on my lawn lol...must be from the moisture, bad ph balance/mixture in top soil or something.  Oh well, my lawn is perfect height right now.

New gas mower for father's day has helped make mowing easier this year at least. 

*heard local residence were rushing to stores for bottled water.  Some folks still out of power.  Lots of flooded basement and I'm sure insurance companies are busy.  Hope no ones car got flooded/stuck.  Yesterday broke the 1day record for most rain EVER recorded in Toronto...but this is mild compared to what our fellow Canadians out west went/going through so we're lucky in Hogtown.             

Yeah I'm still at my parents place with no power right now. The substation near my apt was 30 feet under water this morning. Did you see that picture with the Ferrari half-submerged under the bridge? lol.. so sad. 

I'm thinking the food in my bridge will probably all need to be replaced at this point but praying my Lego is ok. 

I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone driving a Ferrari (hehe)...sucks.  Car warranty won't cover that...guess it's car insurance time.  Either way, it was a big mistake trying to go through any water with such a low car.

If your fridge hasn't been opened yet...food might still be ok if power comes on today.  Unless the was a leak/pipe burst above your unit, your lego should be ok.       

Guest eightbrick

I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone driving a Ferrari (hehe)...sucks.  Car warranty won't cover that...guess it's car insurance time.  Either way, it was a big mistake trying to go through any water with such a low car      

That reminds me of this time a rich drunk neighbor in a lambo crashed near us (nearly wrecked the neighborhood mail box). We couldn't prove it was the owner of the car and charge damages because it happened at like 3 am and no one saw him in the car. But.... the owner came back a couple minutes after the crash with sunglasses... and this was still the middle of night. Not suspicious at all. Anyway, some neighborhood kids found some cool pieces of the car like the emblem before the police came LOL