Amazon Price Grid

Some members here have posted that they would like have an Amazon Price Grid type page on Brickpicker that will allow you to view all the discounts on a single page.  This would be similar to the page that is on Brickset.  I have started to put together a page like this:  http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/amazon.cfm

It is a work in progress, but it allows you to see all the sets that are 10% or greater.  At the top of the page you can change the currency so that you can see what the local price may be for you.  Right now I am also showing the lowest record price for USA and GBR. I will continue to look to obtain the other regions over time as well. 

I am showing the set images so that people can see what the sets are because everyone doesn't know all the set numbers by heart.  The page takes a bit to render like this, but I will work with it to get it to load faster.

Let me know if this will be useful to you.

• Like 2

How real time are the prices? Or are they snapshot every so often?

This is great! I've been doing these price checks manually and this is a huge time saver for me, depending on how often prices are refreshed.

For 2.0, perhaps consider filtering on seller (preferably amazon).

Thanks!!!

Good, glad you like what is started.  I still have some more performance and user interface things I want to do to make it better.

How real time are the prices? Or are they snapshot every so often?

This is great! I've been doing these price checks manually and this is a huge time saver for me, depending on how often prices are refreshed.

For 2.0, perhaps consider filtering on seller (preferably amazon).

Thanks!!!

The prices are updated several times a day.  There is no way to safely have thousands of sets running at real time. Amazon would probably kick me off the site.  All sets are filtered for just the Amazon sites, not the third party sellers.  If you click a link and it is showing a third party retailer, chances are, Amazon sold out and switched to one.

Guest eightbrick

This is great, thanks Jeff. If this website gets any better, you guys are going to kill off all the other Lego fansites xD (jk).

Love the idea, and that US, UK and DE are first.  Wish it was a bit smaller though---takes 10 mins to look through it all, where the "other one" takes less than 3 min.  Deselecting things accounts for a lot of the time difference---but it's still a huge grid.  Be great if you can get this right---the extra information is really helpful--and I would never use "the other" site again if we had a nice amzn grid.

Love the idea, and that US, UK and DE are first.  Wish it was a bit smaller though---takes 10 mins to look through it all, where the "other one" takes less than 3 min.  Deselecting things accounts for a lot of the time difference---but it's still a huge grid.  Be great if you can get this right---the extra information is really helpful--and I would never use "the other" site again if we had a nice amzn grid.

Like I said, its a work in progress and I am working on more user interface things, but I just wanted to get it out there for people to use if they wish.

• Like 1

Awesome grid!!!  Specially the lowest price history.  Much thanks Jeff...  I used to have to click on each country to see their on sale items.  This will safe the time.  And also it has the MSRP so right away can compare to other amazon in other countries...

Amazing setup, Jeff. Now I don't have to bother with listing anything in the forum about Amazon sales anymore!

I can only think of adding later on something like a user dependant option where each member can setup up their own preferances to have the list just show themes they have selected to. It could be added somewhere in the "My Settings" area I guess. Other than that, this is fantastic and will make finding deals much easier than ever before. Thank you, Jeff.

I just bought all the ones that say Buy Now!  It maxed out all 10 of my credit cards.

Of course not, but damn, this page makes it very very tempting to buy stuff.

I assume the intent here (apart from being useful) is to rack up some affiliates commission?  That's a fair motive IMHO, since it could generate the cash to run this valuable site.  I usually buy from a similar site that does this type of checking - I must have created an insane amount of commission for that guy!

BUG REPORT: Seems to be showing some sets multiple times.  I guess it's when there are multiple offers across multiple regions on a set, it is being printed that number of times (once per region).  It should be a quick fix and it's only a minor thing, but figured it's worth saying. :)

BUG REPORT: Seems to be showing some sets multiple times.  I guess it's when there are multiple offers across multiple regions on a set, it is being printed that number of times (once per region).  It should be a quick fix and it's only a minor thing, but figured it's worth saying. :)

Sorry about that.  Should be better now.. Thanks for letting me know.

Very cool.  I noticed some people have been buying from the UK or other European markets here in the US.  I know The Mine was a very good deal a little while back.  It will be nice to use this to help find out the cost of the set and history all on one screen.