LEGO #10179 for $12,500, WOW!!

Jeff Mack

Well there are always people that like to push the envelope. Maybe they know how to sell items better than the average person, I don't know. All I know is that people are trying to strike gold with the UCS Millennium Falcon #10179. This guy below is trying to get $12,500 for it. I won't be buying that one, but you never know maybe someone is crazy enough to do so. Maybe it will be the fancy glass case they put it in :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-LEGO-STAR-WARS-MILLENNIUM-FALCON-10179-1ST-EDITION-MISB-AFA-9-25-UCS-/221118362578?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337bae73d2

I am also seeing others listed for over $4000 on there now as well. Its getting crazy.

Well there are always people that like to push the envelope. Maybe they know how to sell items better than the average person, I don't know. All I know is that people are trying to strike gold with the UCS Millennium Falcon #10179. This guy below is trying to get $12,500 for it. I won't be buying that one, but you never know maybe someone is crazy enough to do so. Maybe it will be the fancy glass case they put it in :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-LEGO-STAR-WARS-MILLENNIUM-FALCON-10179-1ST-EDITION-MISB-AFA-9-25-UCS-/221118362578?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337bae73d2

I am also seeing others listed for over $4000 on there now as well. Its getting crazy.

Well it does come in a custom plastic/lucite case...... :D

It is crazy though. At that price It's never going to get built...ever. And what happens if Lego ever decides to re-issue the set?

I guess if you have the money and like having a box of Lego pieces you'll never, ever put together then go for it. For me the fun is getting the set AND putting it together.

To each his own.

I can see him asking $3,000, $4,000, even $,5,000 for some rich nut that just gotta have it but $12,000 man what are they smoking in Forida? I wanna hit!!!! Lol Now my big question is...Are they ever gonna re-issue any of the UCS sets again or is that it. Either you were on the boat, trying to get on the boat, or if you wanna get on the boat, it's gonna cost you your arm? Lol I feel they should never release them again. And I also feel that all USC should come with a serial number or a count number like 3,456 out of a 200,000. Makes it a little more valuable to me as a collector. We all would like to know our little piece we have on display is a little rare and special.

I can see him asking $3,000, $4,000, even $,5,000 for some rich nut that just gotta have it but $12,000 man what are they smoking in Forida? I wanna hit!!!! Lol Now my big question is...Are they ever gonna re-issue any of the UCS sets again or is that it. Either you were on the boat, trying to get on the boat, or if you wanna get on the boat, it's gonna cost you your arm? Lol I feel they should never release them again. And I also feel that all USC should come with a serial number or a count number like 3,456 out of a 200,000. Makes it a little more valuable to me as a collector. We all would like to know our little piece we have on display is a little rare and special.

I like your idea about the serial number, but LEGO likes to keep their options open I'm sure and if sales are excellent for a particular set, they would like to keep producing it. I guess that's why the first 10,000 UCS Falcons are so valuable in that they do have serial numbers.

As for this $12,500 set...The scary thing is someone will offer $8-9000 for it and it will be sold, because the set was graded and given a nice $200 case. Someone will see value in it and buy it.