Walmart Clearance Canada Begins! (LOTR Gone?)

Guest eightbrick

Guest ph4tb0i

For those who want Warp Stingers I was at the Dundas/Trafalgar Oakville Walmart. They have at least 20 of these on the middle of the aisle (I went to return 3 of the 4 as I want to reallocate funds.. lol). 

Guest ph4tb0i

Since we're talking about LOTR, here's a picture of my "Gun Shed"

I'll take a picture of "The Armoury" once I get it reorganized again..   :D

post-3790-0-34463900-1373086092_thumb.jp

Guest eightbrick

Since we're talking about LOTR, here's a picture of my "Gun Shed"

I'll take a picture of "The Armoury" once I get it reorganized again..   :D

Impressive! Four Orc Forges, eight Uruk Hai Army's and three Shelob attacks if I see it right? I'd say you're in for some great profits with that lot, I'm liking how you diversified a bit with Architecture, Friends, and Creator. Brick on!

Guest eightbrick

The Hobbit game is half off at $20

EDIT: Warg Attack is $45 at most in store locations! I would have thought that Goblin King Battle would be the first to be discounted...

Guest eightbrick

Sarsee Tiin's Fighter $30 (is this set worth getting? there was only one but I decided against it as it didn't very popular)

Don't buy at that price. 30 bucks is US retail, and the set has been on a downward trend recently and is worth under 20 dollars right now.

Is Warg Attack at $45 worth getting?

I would wait for it to go lower. The set is worth about 25 dollars right now, and has suffered huge fluctuations (look at its performance on BP). Bottom line, hold off until it is on a higher discount. I can imagine it dropping more in the coming weeks/months as it was the first to be discounted of the Hobbit line.

Basically, unless there are only a couple left and you really want to invest in them or if you are buying them for your personal collection, I would stay away from both the starfighter and wargs. If you want to go through with them, I would wait a couple weeks and see what happens. Good luck!

Yeah, among others...Brianl3 and ph4tb0i are good CAN dudes they help out/contribute regularly.

I have ONE Warg Attack for personal collection...but yeah, will wait for better price drop before jumping in for investing.  As a newbie after almost 1/2 year into this 'investing' still paying my dues...I jumped on Weathertops too soon, could easily purchase them now and there might be further discounts as I see stock everywhere still for this set.     

My Walmart has a stash of Weathertops for $60. If they go south of $50 I`ll jump. Urak-Hai was there, but didn`t pick any up as I already have 3 to match my Helm`s Deeps. Should I be getting more? Hobbit game was also for $20. I think it`s worth at least a couple of those, what do you guys think? 

Guest eightbrick

Yeah, among others...Brianl3 and ph4tb0i are good CAN dudes they help out/contribute regularly.  

Hahaha, thanks. You contributions aren't too shabby either :D

My Walmart has a stash of Weathertops for $60. If they go south of $50 I`ll jump. Urak-Hai was there, but didn`t pick any up as I already have 3 to match my Helm`s Deeps. Should I be getting more? Hobbit game was also for $20. I think it`s worth at least a couple of those, what do you guys think? 

If you can get the Uruks for below 30, I would get a couple more at least, it's essentially the only LOTR army builder thus far. As for the Hobbit game @ 20 bucks, I would get a couple, but don't sink in too much cash considering the Lego game theme's lacklustre aftermarket performance. It's sitting at 30 right now, but I don't see it rising past that point (another example of a licensed game, the Harry Potter game, is having touble breaking the 30 buck mark).

Checked out the same walmart that had several warg attacks last week. Only one left on the shelf today so I grabbed it for $45. Not the best price but I figure I have 90 days to return if I decide not yto keep it. I think in Canada, everyone just jumps at any type of discount since Lego prices are so high!

Guest eightbrick

Checked out the same walmart that had several warg attacks last week. Only one left on the shelf today so I grabbed it for $45. Not the best price but I figure I have 90 days to return if I decide not yto keep it. I think in Canada, everyone just jumps at any type of discount since Lego prices are so high!

You can say that again, especially in the rich areas. I find better deals in the stores that are far from the more established/ultra classy areas. Hopefully you can find one for less next time, 45 is a bit high for investing IMO

The only Targets I know of that's open in the GVRD are in Surrey and Langley. Nothing in the core of Vancouver yet.

The Walmarts in the area are sorely lacking in stock of LOTR. I'm not sure if they've already cleared out LOTR or have packed them away to make room for new stock. 

I dropped by a walmart today and there was absolutely nothing on clearance, not even the city sets that I saw last week. Looks like the toy clearance is done and over with. Either someone bought the last couple sets or they packed it away in the back. I did see a new LOTR set on the shelf, the black gates.