Walmart Clearance Canada Begins! (LOTR Gone?)

Guest eightbrick

Guest eightbrick

I took a break from writing reviews and found some deals for y'all! The following items are on clearance at Walmart.ca:

Krang's Lab $15

TIE Fighter $50

Mobile Police Unit $50

Heavy Duty Police Helicopter $50

Select Hero Factory $10

And the big one:
Warp Stinger $20 (half price!) it is out of stock online but still available at many stores

Interestingly, all LOTR sets have been pulled from the Walmart website. I don't know the reason for this, but I'm probably going to be running to my Wallyworld soon to see what's up!

Good luck in catching the big deal everyone!

Guest eightbrick

That moment when you are about to say (thats not that great a deal) and realize its Canadian money. :money:

I wouldn't consider any of the deals great, even with Canadian money (except the Warp Stinger), but things have been pretty dry up north, so I thought it was worth mentioning. Personally, I'm hoping to snag a pair of the Galaxy Squad sets. :D

Guest eightbrick

Alright, you've convinced me to check out my local WM to see if they do have any LOTR sets still kicking around.  If they are gone from the website, might be a few on a shelf somewhere.

Very likely that there will be. I can't imagine them pulling the sets from the website and then all the sets instantly disappearing.

Guest ph4tb0i

a lot of them should still have uruk hai army sets stocked up. If you can get those on clearance it'd be an awesome find. :)

Guest eightbrick

The LotR sets still exist on their website but they don't come up when you search. If you Google Walmart and the set name they still exist so somebody must have messed something up on their end.

Interesting. I searched "Lego" on Walmart and looked through all the results, didn't find anything on their website. I also couldn't find it through clicking through the categories. Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the false-ish alarm, guys!

Guest ph4tb0i

Picked up four Stingers in Scarborough while going on a walk today at lunch. Thanks op!

@20 a piece these are low risk but possible high reward. WCS they make great gifts to relatives and friends' children.

Guest eightbrick

Picked up four Stingers in Scarborough while going on a walk today at lunch. Thanks op!

@20 a piece these are low risk but possible high reward. WCS they make great gifts to relatives and friends' children.

Glad you could capitalize off the deal ;) I'm going to look for some after the review contest is over... I've been glued to my computer for the past 6 hours... only 8 more to go ...

Guest eightbrick

My Walmart has 0 Lord of the Rings on the Shelf. Took them off overnight as I was there yesterday. Of course the associate I asked knew nothing of what was going on!!!!  

If they had a bunch and then they suddenly all disappeared, it is a possibilty that the managers put them in the back and are going to clearance them later. Several people have reported instances of this occuring. Keep a watchful eye out...

Just checked out my local Walmart, no great discounts on LOTR sets other than usual Weathertop (have too many already).  But I spotted an Ewoks Attacks and Jabba's Palace.  I know EA has been retired already and in the spring time I picked up the last 3 on the shelf at $15 clearance (CAN retail $35)...so they must of found another one in the back or someone actually returned it.  The Jabba Palace I don't remember seeing at this location ever so I took both items to scan since there were no price tags.  EA was $15 and JP was $98 (CAN retail $149) so I was happy.  Both in decent condition too. This is my first and only JP purchase so glad to have it in my collection.

Ninjago Epic Dragon still sitting there at $98 last time I scanned it (retails $119)...price needs to get lower and box is a little damaged anyways.   

Guest eightbrick

EA was $15 and JP was $98 (CAN retail $149) so I was happy.  Both in decent condition too. This is my first and only JP purchase so glad to have it in my collection.

Nice finds. The first version Ewok Attack was one of my first sets. Regarding Jabba's Palace, hasn't it been 98 all this time? I don't remember, but regardless, 33% off retail is a deal I would take any day (if I had the funds :D)

I only started 'investing' around March after the JP craze in the news...so wasn't sure if $98 was cheap or not actually lol.  Sorta remember $149 but wasn't sure until I checked.  But I knew it was a lot more expensive than Rancor.  Figured I can always return if buyers remorse.  I'm pretty sure this side of the boarder (within CAN) $98 is the lowest I can get it right now.  There were probably decent sales before that I didn't know.

Plus there was only one.  Don't know what I would do if there were 10 in stock.  

*on a good run.  Yesterday I called Amazon.ca to complain (first time) 2of3 Helms Deep I order were slightly damaged (scratches, creases...one had a little hole even). Going to keep one to build anyways but wanted the other two in decent shape.  Anyways got 20% off my entire order so $84 refund back which is great.  From $169 to $123 to $98 each set.  Excuse to buy EA and JP finds today haha.    

Guest ph4tb0i

I've seen Epic Dragon Battle's going for 90 in March at Walmart, so they're definitely on their way going down. :)

^yeah I didn't think $98 was that cheap for Epic.  Around $70 is more like it.    

How's your space/inventory ph4tb0i? Any issues with space since you picked up quite a few sets last couple months.  I don't need 4 Tower Bridges like you...but just want ONE before it retires.  Hmmmm, waiting game...hope it not too late before I pull the trigger.   

Guest ph4tb0i

It's doing good. I've just had to adjust the pile over and over again. Thankfully apartments built during the 1970s are ridiculously big compared to the shoeboxes in downtown now, so I have a lot of space to put stuff. It's also nice that the wife doesn't hoard junk as well. haha... 

Tower Bridge at ~ 199 CAD was just waaay too irresistible to pass up. :D The wife already has hers so all these are investments (she literally would've killed me if this EOL-ed and I didn't get it... lol)

Guest eightbrick

I picked up a pair of Warp Stingers. I don't see them being really good investments, but 50% off isn't a common event. I also noticed that the Forest POlice Station was 20% off for 80 bucks. Good luck, deal hunters!

Guest ph4tb0i

I picked up a pair of Warp Stingers. I don't see them being really good investments, but 50% off isn't a common event. I also noticed that the Forest POlice Station was 20% off for 80 bucks. Good luck, deal hunters!

Yeah, i'm debating whether the money held on the couple of stingers might be better spent on orc forges at the moment... 

Guest eightbrick

Yeah, i'm debating whether the money held on the couple of stingers might be better spent on orc forges at the moment... 

If you can get the forge for 40 or less, almost definitely. Galaxy Squad hasn't been doing too well and the previous space theme, Space Police 3, wasn't exactly an investing success. I like the Stinger because it contains some interesting pieces and reminds me of the insectisiod theme. I now have 1 orc forge and 2 stingers and I'm expecting the forge to bring in more profits than both stingers combined.

Guest eightbrick

Shelob Attacks $20

Fire Plane $50

Sarsee Tiin's Fighter $30

Also at my Walmart I noticed that the Forest Police Station is 20 bucks off, sitting at $80.