LEGO Ninjago Skull Truck 2506 $40 (33% off)

Jeff Mack

Heck Yeah Ninjago's are cool. I picked up some of these when they had it for $40 about a month in a half ago on Amazon...I think its time to pick up a couple more. I think its a great buy at $40. My only question with ninjago is I've notice sets that appreciate a lot are adult driven sets like Star Wars, Building Modulars, Land Mark Themes i.e. Taj, Statue of Lib, Eiffel Tower. Now how does Ninjago fit in the second market because I feel the little kids are the one driving Ninjagos. Are there enough AFOL to purchase this theme too make it a money maker. I feel that the only ones buying these sets are kids and I was just wondering if there is money to be made on these sets in the secondary market. Your thoughts Jeff or Ed. Keep up the good work...This sight is amazing!!!! And again Thank You for all your hard work. Can't tell you how valuable this site has been in my Lego investment venture.

I will tell you that I arrived late to the party on Ninjago. Honestly, I hated them a while back. To me, I just didn't get it. Maybe I am old :) Honestly, working on this site, staring at thousands of images, reading what people say, researching stuff with Ed got me to look at them more. Then I am sure Ed will tell you that his son, loves the spinners. Plays with them in the stores, etc. So to me, parents will buy them for the kids. Now since they are going to be discontinued in 2013. I think they will become hot items to the late bloomers like me that finds interest in them and wants to get them before they can't be bought on the shelves anymore. My personal vote is get them. I will always post good sales on Ninjago here when I see them come up. I started with all the bigger sets. Grabbed up those and then I will start looking for the smaller ones, especially when I find them on sale.

Heck Yeah Ninjago's are cool. I picked up some of these when they had it for $40 about a month in a half ago on Amazon...I think its time to pick up a couple more. I think its a great buy at $40. My only question with ninjago is I've notice sets that appreciate a lot are adult driven sets like Star Wars, Building Modulars, Land Mark Themes i.e. Taj, Statue of Lib, Eiffel Tower. Now how does Ninjago fit in the second market because I feel the little kids are the one driving Ninjagos. Are there enough AFOL to purchase this theme too make it a money maker. I feel that the only ones buying these sets are kids and I was just wondering if there is money to be made on these sets in the secondary market. Your thoughts Jeff or Ed. Keep up the good work...This sight is amazing!!!! And again Thank You for all your hard work. Can't tell you how valuable this site has been in my Lego investment venture.

There are already people making money off these sets. Some of the spinners are almost triple the MSRP in a year. I understand your point about the adults driving the secondary market, but someone is buying sets like the 2172 NYA Spinner, and they might not be kids.

Ok, I see what you mean about the parents buying them for their kids. I'm late to the Ninjago party too but started picking up everything I can get my hands on thats on sale. I refuse to buy anything at MSRP or above unless I really really have to. I feel that out of all the Lego designs...Ninjago is the coolest and the kids LOVE them because of the playability. DID I SAY LOVE!!!! I MEAN LOVE!!!!! Its a real good theme because Ninjas are always cool and the way they designed the Villains is unbelievable. The amount of detail on all the Serpent Villains. And the cartoon helps a lot for the popularity. I remember when the Epic dragon battle was not available at stores, the set sky rocketed to over $200. And when you look at that 4 headed dragon with the wings spread out when you pick it up is just BAD aka SICK!!!! which means COOL as HECK!!! lol and that whipping tail, I was amazed at how awesome it was. That skull truck is amazing to...it chops in the front eating up ninjas and the durability in the suspension with those BIG wheels is awesome. Cant go wrong. Definitely the best Car out of all the Ninjago car sets. The Ultra Sonic Raider is a really good set too.