Batman Visual Dictionary w/ Exclusive Minifig

mr_cotta

Hey guys. Just wondering what you think about the upcoming Batman Lego Visual Dictionary. It gets released on September 17th. Do you think it is worth the $14.95 just for the minifigure? It is an exclusive "Electro Suit Batman". I can't imagine the book itself increasing in value over the years...which is why I'm curious about whether the minifigure will eventually go up. Thanks for your thoughts, Michael.

Hey guys. Just wondering what you think about the upcoming Batman Lego Visual Dictionary. It gets released on September 17th.

Do you think it is worth the $14.95 just for the minifigure? It is an exclusive "Electro Suit Batman". I can't imagine the book itself increasing in value over the years...which is why I'm curious about whether the minifigure will eventually go up.

Thanks for your thoughts, Michael.

The BATMAN LEGO VISUAL DICTIONARY looks very cool. I loved the STAR WARS Visual Dictionary. I have mine preordered.

Are you serious ? only $14.00 ... how much will they be in stores do you know (and which stores would norally stock) ? All the previous LEGO visual dictionaries here in Aus were at least $ 40.00 ... if they are only $14.00 i think I just found my god sons Christmas pressie to buy while I'm over in the US in October :)

• 4 weeks later...

Are you serious ? only $14.00 ... how much will they be in stores do you know (and which stores would norally stock) ? All the previous LEGO visual dictionaries here in Aus were at least $ 40.00 ... if they are only $14.00 i think I just found my god sons Christmas pressie to buy while I'm over in the US in October :)

This is definitely a good buy if you ship from amazon.com.

Current price has been reduced to USD 10-11.

And if current prices is any indicator, older superhero minifigs have appreciated a fair bit.

I don't know how long this item will be around, or what the production numbers will ultimately be, but there is always the satisfaction of owning an exclusive figure, set, etc. A lot of people probably aren't aware of the existence of these books with exclusive mini figs, so they will probably come and go without a lot of people buying them.

I don't know how long this item will be around, or what the production numbers will ultimately be, but there is always the satisfaction of owning an exclusive figure, set, etc. A lot of people probably aren't aware of the existence of these books with exclusive mini figs, so they will probably come and go without a lot of people buying them.

They are around for a while and they are produced in great numbers. but they are FANTASTIC books and worth every penny. I loved the STAR WARS version and the Batman version is excellent as well. Great deal through Amazon.

It is a pretty cool minifigure.

Apparently so cool that I've seen two or three books atleast with the minifigure stolen.

Ugh, it's people like that that end up making the rest of us pay the price (like those cumbersome security tags they put on some large sets that was mentioned in another thread just recently).

I don't know about the book itself, but the minifigure could be worth a pretty penny down the road!

• 3 months later...

It is a pretty cool minifigure.

Apparently so cool that I've seen two or three books atleast with the minifigure stolen.

Ugh, it's people like that that end up making the rest of us pay the price (like those cumbersome security tags they put on some large sets that was mentioned in another thread just recently).

I don't know about the book itself, but the minifigure could be worth a pretty penny down the road!

I've also spotted books with the minifigures removed in my local tesco supermarket. The books were on a shelf height not reachable by children so I can only guess it was an adult. Anyway I bought a copy of the Batman Visual Dictionary, imo worth it for the minifigure and for the book. I have a few 2006 batman sets so it's nice to have a visual dictionary to go with them. For a collector who has every batman set to date I imagine this would be his/her cherry on the top as its kinda extra confirmation that his/her set is genuinely complete.

In instances of selling a collective of theme sets, does anyone think adding a visual dictionary to it would increase your selling power?

I think adding a visual dictionary could do exactly what you said, kind of be the cherry on top. If people like the theme, they will more than likely enjoy the book about it. Plus it depends if the book is still available at the time. If the book is out of print, it seems like it would make a great bonus for any collector.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, Amazon price is incredible.

As stated earlier, it retails in Aus for $39.95 (Why do we get so screwed?)

I have seen the figure selling on eBay over here for $34.95.

So, some people are paying bug money for it already.

Wow that's crazy! I love this book and minifig and have no plans on selling it, but if I could get $34.95 for just the minifigure here in the U.S., I'd be selling it quickly. Of course this would never happen as the book retails here for just $12 on Amazon. I can't believe how much the price is for you all, that's ridiculous!!