What Lego set did you buy today?

Did my first run to TRU yesterday using the TRU card.

2 x 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer --> $139.99 - $10 TRU rewards - 10% + sales tax - $20 (Babies R' Us gift card at 20% off) = $83.55 each - 8% rewards

79005-1: The Wizard Battle (needed to use up the rest of my GC and saw a few of this old retired set). $ 16.63 minus 10% off plus sales tax

• Like 1

Where did you get Benny's Spaceship at that price, that's a pretty darn good price?

Clearance/returns company.  I catch a good deal from them, from time to time. These look like argos returns.  
Boxes are sometimes poor, but I part, so no issue for me. 

• Like 1

Maybe wait to post until you can?

​Yeah, sorry about that I realized after I posted. I probably shouldn't have until it was safe to spill the beans... (there was another pricing problem at the location that I didn't want to draw attention too until it was right to do so).

​I liked your other post better with the toe-stepping :)

I bought a used, complete with box Guggenheim Museum - $25us.  This allows me to sell my NIB one at some point.

​oops, ya saw that eh?   I figured I'd better delete the post but couldn't find that option so I just edited it away. Some things they have on sale are not supposed to be & I didn't want anyone to get in trouble - it's probably their summer job or something.

Found three CMF unicorn girls in two different Walgreens. Hoping these will rise to chicken suit levels down the line. Hot dog guys are still pretty elusive around here. They're just too easy to identify so they're always scooped up quick.

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 2

Found three CMF unicorn girls in two different Walgreens. Hoping these will rise to chicken suit levels down the line. Hot dog guys are still pretty elusive around here. They're just too easy to identify so they're always scooped up quick.

Walgreens carries CMF??? Wow.

​...and Mixels

!!!!!

I'll have to check those places after work!!! Is there a list somewhere of what chains carry Lego, whether minifigs or sets? I would imagine it is regional, but still.

Edited by steliosk

!!!!!

I'll have to check those places after work!!! Is there a list somewhere of what chains carry Lego, whether minifigs or sets? I would imagine it is regional, but still.

​Not really a list.  Keep an eye on the buy thread and the Daily Deals.  Members have been lucky at a few Walgreens and various other regional stores.

• Like 1

​They do but not a lot. They don't put out a whole box. They hang several blind bags on one peg. Good luck! They were priced a little above retail, $4.49, but I'm willing to pay that for the desirable ones.

​Sometimes I'll find a store or two that will put out the whole box.  The same goes for Mixels.

• Like 1

Thank you for the Walgreens thing, gentlemen! Went by a few... found CMF s13 but no good ones. Lucked out at the third one. Found 13 of the Series 12 (bought them all, no "smooshing")  - and snagged a Series 13 Unicorn Girl (good as the only other one I had previously located had been commandeered by the fiancee).

Tally of Series 12:

2 x Piggies

3 x lifeguards

1x Power Miner

3 x Dino Hunter

1 x Wizard

1 x Egyptian Warrior

1 x Wizard

1 x Gamer

Each at $3.99 + sales tax

• Like 1