What Lego set did you buy today?

7 hours ago, donbee said:

Wow, got big hopes in this one?

Legosteve is posting good buys. *Thumbs Up*

For the US Market In think 170 USD First Xmas after EOL and then 220-230 to 270-290 USD.

For the Europe Market i have not so much hope. And you can get it here for 50% off on occasions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eliminator said:

Operation "re-buy all the Modular buildings I sold off a few years back" almost complete! Good thing my wife is out of town...

61988102_2345900985656871_3272717791962071040_n.jpg

I'm right w/ you...modulars seem the easiest big ticket set to sell...yet I keep thinking I may just end up buying them back.

After selling used sets of Palace Cinema (buy-in $75, sell $200), Detective office (buy-in $75, sell $200), Parisian Restaurant (buy-in $75, Sell $150), Old Fishing store (not technically modular) Buy $75- sell $200)...I got 3 sealed sets today: Detective Office, Palace Cinema, Grand Emporium ($500 total)...I could probably flip these for 50-75% profit, but but 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I'm right w/ you...modulars seem the easiest big ticket set to sell...yet I keep thinking I may just end up buying them back.

After selling used sets of Palace Cinema (buy-in $75, sell $200), Detective office (buy-in $75, sell $200), Parisian Restaurant (buy-in $75, Sell $150), Old Fishing store (not technically modular) Buy $75- sell $200)...I got 3 sealed sets today: Detective Office, Palace Cinema, Grand Emporium ($500 total)...I could probably flip these for 50-75% profit, but but 

yea, the best part about these are how easy it is to get your money back if needed. I could slap this GG on facebook market place and make a nice profit tonight if I had to.

The biggest challenge I continually have for my "personal build collection" is keeping its size manageable. At least with the modulars I can tuck them into shelves for display, they look impressive for the non-Lego visitors to my house, and I have something to look forward each year as Lego is consistently releasing them.

• Like 2

I’ve been wanting to get power functions for my Winter Holiday Train but kept holding off for a good deal on a train set. I gambled on a partially built 60197 Passenger Train that I bought for $71 in an online auction. It arrived today and all the power functions are here! This train pales in comparison to the older trains, but I fear it could be a gateway drug.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baragon said:

I’ve been wanting to get power functions for my Winter Holiday Train but kept holding off for a good deal on a train set. I gambled on a partially built 60197 Passenger Train that I bought for $71 in an online auction. It arrived today and all the power functions are here! This train pales in comparison to the older trains, but I fear it could be a gateway drug.

Winter holiday train dragged me back to Lego again kicking and screaming happily all the way. I found winter train needs some weight in front to put power to track when motorized.

• Like 1

Picked up Steamboat Willie as well. Wife wants it and her bday is next month. Added Emmet's thricycle to get the GwP Rocket Ride and Apollo 11 patch. Going to flip the patch and possibly the Rocket Ride. I might keep the latter for the nostalgia and coolness factors though. 

Picked these up for $25 on eBay the other day. No drivers or instructions and a few missing parts, but a great deal on originals. Ordered 3 of the drivers and some parts and instructions on BL already. Planned on keeping the Ferrari and selling the rest, but the Spyder looks great in person, and the McLaren I’m now on the fence about too...d09104dd7e70e0022087de98fb0d9b60.jpg

• Like 6

Finally picked up the disney castle. Ive been wanting this since it came out but couldnt stomach the $450 (after tax) price in Canada. Got it used for 250 locally, supposedly a few pieces missing. Im gonna take it apart and gonna build from scratch.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 6