What Lego set did you buy today?

8 hours ago, eyebrow40 said:

Yesterday i bought this stuff. As you can see on the picture i got 5 x 19 inch Display Figures, 1 x 37 inch Figure, 1 led light figure (the smallest) and 1 figure (the blue one, must be around 9 inch tall). I am confused about the value of those guys. The three 19 inch figures on the right are easy to find. I guess they must be worth around 300 to 400 USD. The 37 inch Figure was sold on eBay in Dec. 18 for approx. 700 USD. (it was an auction and the condition was not perfect). Then there's the shark from the Atlantis series. I didn't find him on bricklink, i couldn't find a listing on eBay, but i found this: http://www.minifigpriceguide.com/detailPages/MAXIFIGS_mxi012.html  . This site estimated a value of 784 USD. What i can't find is the 19 inch Figure (the grey / green diver) on the left. It ist not listed on bricklink, neither on minifigpriceguide.com. I couldn't find the small blue 9 inch Figure as well. So what do you guys think about the value of those display figures? I would appreciate your help a lot! 

Display Minifigures.jpg

I think your numbers are about right. The bigger question is what did you pay? These are hard to find so congrats on getting several in one purchase. That 37" figure is AWESOME!

I think your numbers are about right. The bigger question is what did you pay? These are hard to find so congrats on getting several in one purchase. That 37" figure is AWESOME!

I paid 1800 Euro (= 2000 USD). So does anybody have an idea about the value? (especially the diver, the shark and the small blue minifig) 

On 2/20/2019 at 11:45 PM, LegoSteve said:

114 Guggenheims @ $53 per. Now brings my total of Guggenheims to 190.  No more for me.

I lied.  Picked up another 174 Guggenheims bringing the total to 364.  Also picked up 20 more Arc de Triumphes as well.  I've officially tapped out of buying anything that retired from 2018.  It was a good run.  Q4 is almost six months away!

tapout.jpg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, LegoSteve said:

I lied.  Picked up another 174 Guggenheims bringing the total to 364.  Also picked up 20 more Arc de Triumphes as well.  I've officially tapped out of buying anything that retired from 2018.  It was a good run.  Q4 is almost six months away!

tapout.jpg

Where are you getting these?  Since your tapped out and all?

3 minutes ago, NIevo said:

Where are you getting these?  Since your tapped out and all?

As I've said many times on my Lego flipping youtube channel that I had many years before Brickpicker did, building relationships in this brick game is key.  If your'e serious about flipping bricks you have to network.  Backstory is as of last week I was done  with 2018 & had no cash.  I had a friend email me and said they accidentally ordered a double shipment and wanted to know if I was interested.  I got on the phone/Internet, was able to secure $10k in half a day and then pulled the trigger on it.  That would never of happened unless I built that relationship.

2 hours ago, LegoSteve said:

As I've said many times on my Lego flipping youtube channel that I had many years before Brickpicker did, building relationships in this brick game is key.  If your'e serious about flipping bricks you have to network.  Backstory is as of last week I was done  with 2018 & had no cash.  I had a friend email me and said they accidentally ordered a double shipment and wanted to know if I was interested.  I got on the phone/Internet, was able to secure $10k in half a day and then pulled the trigger on it.  That would never of happened unless I built that relationship.

Thumbs up. The nice thing is, you think about yourself: Am I mad ordering so many sets, but then there is someone who shows you that there might be some sanity left in you. :P

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scatttcat said:

Loaded up cart with discounted brickheadz, nabbed free marvel 4-pack, waited for shipment....

Rinse and repeat ?

I've been holding off on buying the Brickheadz dragon until today. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be desirable during future Chinese New Years after it's retired. Holding Mr. and Mrs. Claus as well for a future Xmas post retirement unless the wifey wants it. 

BH Order.png

Edited by oneknightr

Stopped at my local Walmart this afternoon for some foodstuff.  My legs went on autopilot for the LEGO section first thing.  I've been so disappointed with the Walmarts around me - not a single sale other than a couple of Jurassic World T-Rex sets @ 50% off.  So I almost didn't continue on my way.  But, why not, right?

At this Walmart the LEGO sets have no prices on the box nor are they near a correct tag on the shelf, so I have to scan every set.  Everything was around MSRP - 15% off at best, including x-wings, Arctic sets, etc.  As I was walking away, I noticed a lonely Sandcrawler on a non-LEGO shelf next to the LEGO shelves.  It took me a second or two to debate if it was worth scanning.  I was shocked and delighted when it scanned for $69.  It's mine now.

• Like 8

On 3/7/2019 at 7:52 PM, LegoSteve said:

Whats your youtube channel?

Guest TabbyBoy

2x 10265 Mustangs arrived today and both being picked up tomorrow evening for £320 cash. The one I'm building has just been paid for! Oh... 2 keyrings to flog too.

I got Ghost & Phantom for $99 and Jabba's Palace and Rancor Pit for $199; all USED but complete w/ minifigures...plus the ebay 15% off

The ghost and Phantom I've been eyeing for a few months now and I think are great deals...probably could have done better for Jabba stuff but the Ebay coupon had me "all riled up"...masde up for it tho by selling a used BB for $190 ($75 buy-in)

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
8 hours ago, waddamon said:

Thank you eBay for the 15%, I had a good sales day.

Same here.

BTW.... I hate the £1 FVF for Private Sellers only as Business Sellers just can't compete. It was shame to trash my 23,212 100% feedback Business Account, but why carry on with such high fees and no offers?

I bought a$300 worth of used Lego on CL...tried to bargain down but they supposedly had other buyers.

It was a lot of 12 medium to large "complete" sets ranging from Star Wars, City, Technic, and Ninjago from about 2014-ish period all in original boxes (side note...I have come to the conclusion that sellers who kept the box are informed sellers...so no great find or lottery ticket winners)...the main one was the 2nd release turbo tank...clever to post a pic where it was hard to get details.

When I finally examined the sets...I was disappointed...typically I like to get 3x the used BL value at least (my last deal was $225 resulting in about estimated $1200 value)...but this time the 12 sets were more duds and I would barely get back the original investment...lesson learned

BUT

They included a large box of "loose" legos; I discovered by "loose" they mean about 40 lbs of excellent condition Lego bricks all bagged seperately by color...it was a treasure trove for anyone looking for extra parts.  I would bet I could turn around just this box for $200 easily as is...even had dozens of minifgures...I was only able to recognize an older Harry Potter (excellent condition [which is the key description here]) during my quick asessment.

Anyway it's actually a lot of work sorting, building, and selling so it's far from easy money but I do like the hunt.

• Like 1