E3 2013

Diabolos80

Almost 800.00

Sold for $830 and $32.85 for shipping! I will probably end up getting a PS4 since I'm a Sony guy and I haven't got a new console since the PS2, but paying that much for a $399 console is a little much IMO. I would much rather save my money and wait till they are available in stores after the craze dies down.

How are all these people listing PS4 presales getting away with it when EBay's policy clearly states that pre order items must be available to ship within 30 days of auctions end????

If no one knows the rules they can't complain about it. Usually ebay does not enforce rules unless someone complains about it.

I have been using ebay for years and I did not know about this rule. Of course I never peeorder anything off ebay. It is so much cheaper and easier preordering from other places than ebay

I'm tempted to pre-order a ps4 for myself, but I'm hesitant for a couple reasons. First, the games available at launch are almost always terrible. Second, glitches. I think I'll wait until the second manufacturing run so Sony can iron out the kinks a bit. Christmas 2014 will be a great time to own a ps4, but i'm confident there will still be plenty to do on ps3 and 360 until then. lol I tell myself that stuff every console cycle, then run out and buy them at launch anyway. Rushed ps3 ports, here I come!

With all the dust that has been removed with the government spying on almost everyone and being Microsoft one of the affected companies, I wouldn't like to have a device that could potentially be monitoring my activities 24/7 without my permission.

That said, and after comparing specs for both consoles, titles, price and personal appeal, I'm sticking with PS4.

Can't wait to hit Battlefield 4 on that  :wub:

Microsoft said they are changing two of their Xbox One policies due to recent backlash. I had a feeling they were going to do this.

Quote: "All disc-based games can be played without ever connecting online, and the 24-hour connection requirement has been dropped, according to an update to a May post concerning questions about the new device, due to be released this fall.

Additionally, there will be no limitations to using and sharing games, Don Mattrick, president of the Interactive Entertainment Business division, says in the post. People will be able to share, trade or resell their games in the same way they do for Xbox 360 games."

This is good news for all of the future Xbox One owners. Will this change the Console battle or has the backlash already inflicted irreversible damage?

Link to the article: http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/tech/gaming-gadgets/xbox-drm/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Microsoft said they are changing two of their Xbox One policies due to recent backlash. I had a feeling they were going to do this.

Quote: "All disc-based games can be played without ever connecting online, and the 24-hour connection requirement has been dropped, according to an update to a May post concerning questions about the new device, due to be released this fall.

Additionally, there will be no limitations to using and sharing games, Don Mattrick, president of the Interactive Entertainment Business division, says in the post. People will be able to share, trade or resell their games in the same way they do for Xbox 360 games."

This is good news for all of the future Xbox One owners. Will this change the Console battle or has the backlash already inflicted irreversible damage?

Link to the article: http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/tech/gaming-gadgets/xbox-drm/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Now, if they would only drop the price by

Its crazy how they've already backpedaled on all of that, after initially trying to say it was the video game publishers who made those demands. Friggin M$. On one hand I'm glad they actually listened, but on the other, they solidified their status as a completely dishonest company, inmy opinion. Not to say many other companies aren't, but this revelation really brings things to plain sight.

Conspiracy Time! Some rumors suggest that the whole Xbox One fiasco was a setup by Microsoft to convince Sony that they could get away with the same ridiculous restrictions. Once Sony took the bait, Microsoft would rescind the restrictions and look like the good guy. Ha! Backfire!

Either way, I'm just happy I'll be able to rent games for the XB1 I'm now planning to buy. Corporate strategies don't bother me when it comes to videogames. I just want to play.

Does anyone else think the PS4 and XBox One look like the same system?

Outside of the controller, they practically are copying each other (and in Batman colors no less).PS4-vs-Xbox-One-composite-008.jpg

Yeah they really do... The problem with both boxes is how freaking big they are. They'll fit in my cabinet, but there won't be much room for air flow. Still, I like the looks of both.