Have any ideas for member Awards?

A simple PM to me or Jeff about a potential candidate for an award or icon is all you have to do.  Let's not make a big deal about this.  It's for fun.  Some members are taking these too seriously.  If you want a Mr. or Mrs. Brick, just ask.  Same with the Geezer icon for old timers or baby icon for youngsters.  

Guest eightbrick

Wait, this isn't fair! If we are going to have a babies award and an old man award, we need to have a midlife-crisis award! :whistle:

Good idea. The icon can be a screaming man in a ferrari! :frantics:

That was your 1000th post and THAT'S what you post about?! Well since it's your thousandth, give the man the award.

Lol I didnt even realize that was #1000, I was just posting away harmoniously. But yeah, I'll take the award. A bottle of rogaine would be kinda cool as the icon, as would a guy in a Ferarri, ha ha.

• 2 weeks later...

Caped Crusaders: For those of us who are superheroes

In all seriousness, maybe the original Brickpickers could be the ones who did the first 100 reviews?

That almost ruins the point of an award, since 100 people can get it. 101 if you include Ed. I mean, more people would have that award than the Male Bricker award... I like my first idea of having the original BrickPickers being members before the USA Today article, and just so you know, it excludes myself.

So how is the original Brickpickers award different than the Founder awards (black ribbon) ?  They serve similar purposes, no ?

Founder would be like Sandowsk1. 2011-early 2012. Original BrickPicker would be like mid-late 2012/before the USA today article. They are very similar though. 

1900th post!! :D

Here is a good award. Millionaire: Any member that reaches 1,000,000 Brickpoints. It is a hard award to get.

I like the idea, but it would just clog up the awards board, IMO, since it will take a few decades to get there, at most of our current rates. I think awards should be "awardable", in that it is realistic at the time to be able to earn it. It isn't outrageous to have 5,000 posts on BrickPicker, which is why it's there, but it is sort of outrageous for an award to be there that won't be taken for years, and years.

Name: Militia. (If someone can think of a better name then please post it here. Thanks!)

Description: For members who post LEGO military related pictures, MOCs, etc.

Icon: A picture of a helmet or of camouflage.

Lego doesn't depict modern warfare, and I'd prefer to keep call of duty out of the forums as well. I know I'm in the minority here, too bad B)

Anyway I would appreciate just a general MOC award. No need to get too specific. LowestFormOfWit deserves one for his mechs, and I guess Quacs should get one for those goofy chickens, too. Ha!