Have any ideas for member Awards?

LowestFormOfWit should have this one in the bag. Go check out his gallery already!

It's not exactly a fair award. I'm a builder first and investor second.

Also, we need an award for Brickslickster. Not sure what it would be for, but I love the name.

Also, Threadcromancer. We've had a lot of necro'd threads lately.

• Like 1

Define original? Are you talking 2012 and earlier?

Well not really. How about before the USA Today article. I joined after it, but still in 2012. (a few days before 2013), and I don't really consider myself an original, even though I've been on this site for 6 months already.

What was the exact date the USA Today article came out? I really can't remember. I joined at the beginning of September last year sometime way before it.

Also, we need an award for Brickslickster. Not sure what it would be for, but I love the name.

Ooh, that does sound sweet. Maybe for a member that posts links to a number of deals?
  • Like 1

What was the exact date the USA Today article came out? I really can't remember. I joined at the beginning of September last year sometime way before it.

Ooh, that does sound sweet. Maybe for a member that posts links to a number of deals?

Wednesday December 26, 2012 is when I got it (had to check the date on my own copy). Not sure if it was available before that on the internet but I kind of doubt it. That's the date for the article, though I don't know about the video. 

Guest eightbrick

No offense Macks, but I'm a little non-plussed by the Mr. Brick award. Does everyone get one of those now? Is it just because Mrs. Brick was taking so much flack?

Ermm... why don't we just save everyone from reading through a potential flame war and all just agree to disagree. Mr. Brick was indeed most likely introduced in an effort to be politically correct following the whole Mrs. Brick fiasco, so I don't see what the big deal is here. If you are complaining the the Macks haven't got around to giving all the male members one, keep it mind they are really busy with the contest (they have to read your 98 reviews for pete's sake xD).

I'm not trying to mini-mod, but I don't want an arguement clogging up this thread. The Mrs. Brick thing was a pretty touchy issue for some, and now that it has been dealt with by the introduction of Mr. Brick, I don't see a need to rekindle old quarrels.

Are we allowed to nominate members for awards? We could probably just pm a mod, but maybe a new thread would be better, since the community could then aye or nay a nomination.

By the way, I'm still waiting for my Most Handsome award. Maybe it got lost in the mail?

Guest eightbrick

Are we allowed to nominate members for awards? We could probably just pm a mod, but maybe a new thread would be better, since the community could then aye or nay a nomination.

By the way, I'm still waiting for my Most Handsome award. Maybe it got lost in the mail?

I don't think there are any "rules" for talking to the Macks about awards. I'm sure that if you ask nicely, you can nominate someone (or yourself) for an award. I second the idea of a nomination thread. As for your most handsome award, I already nominated you for that. Your heli-beanie and yellow complexion is just so alluring I couldn't help myself. xD

I don't think there are any "rules" for talking to the Macks about awards. I'm sure that if you ask nicely, you can nominate someone (or yourself) for an award. I second the idea of a nomination thread. As for yout most handsome award, I already nominated you for that. Your heli-beanie and yellow complexion is just so alluring I couldn't help myself. xD

Really? I nominated him because of his lucious locks of hair and purple hairband. The mustache goes so well with the hair.

• Like 1