Brickpoints?

Hey Ed and Jeff what happened to the brickpoints? forgive me if you posted something about it in the other forum topic, if you did, I missed it.

They are running in the background while they finish to tweak the forums. From what Jeff said, there may also be some changes in the way the are calculated/awarded.

• Like 1

It will just be a good week or so before anything pops up again with brickpoints.  Forum posts and everything are still calculating, but I need to work out many other things behind the scenes.  We will announce something when its all straightened out.

It will just be a good week or so before anything pops up again with brickpoints.  Forum posts and everything are still calculating, but I need to work out many other things behind the scenes.  We will announce something when its all straightened out.

Do you realize that your post first showed up as coming from Viciousbrick!?!

The Brickpoints system is run slightly different on the new platform, so Jeff has to make some adjustments.  While it might not be run exactly the same way as before, there will be other new ways to obtain points in addition to some of the older methods that get carried over.  It is my belief that one such way would be to get a "like" or ARROW UP for a thread or post.  I will also continue to give Brickpoints based on the amount of content submitted for reviews.  Whatever the final version will be like, it will be fair and fun.

• Like 1

It is my belief that one such way would be to get a "like" or ARROW UP for a thread or post.

This is currently active.  Right now its set for +1 for positive comment, and -5 for being a dummy :)

This may change and will need to be monitored.  Anyone caught being stupid giving negative points just for the heck of it will be banned instantly.

The Brickpoints are still being counted.  We will address the Brickpoints situation around the same time that the new Blog feature is activated...maybe in a week or two.  There will be modifications to the Brickpoints system that work with the new forum and blog feature.  Some things will be carried over and re-implemented and others will not.  There will be new ways to acquire Brickpoints that are designed around producing content for the site, quality forum posts and helping other members.  All in all, there will be many more ways to add Brickpoints to your account.

• Like 2

This is not a bad idea.

It makes sense if someone is getting belligerent and mods want to punish, but I see major issues with disciplining people like this if they are conducting a calm, valid debate or disagreement. I might say I love the Atlantis theme, for example, and my post gets downvoted because many others don't. Should I lose brickpoints for that? Its somewhat of a slippery slope. 

• Like 2