NEW LEGO STORE COMING TO FREEHOLD RACEWAY MALL IN CENTRAL NJ!!!

Ed Mack

Finally, a LEGO store being built in central NJ in the Freehold Raceway Mall. For a state that is one of the wealthiest in the nation(...and it's not because of Jeff and I...LOL), the lack of LEGO stores always amazed me. Well, on June 21, 22, and 23, 2013, the new LEGO store will be running a Grand Opening. I received a card to hand in for a special LEGO Hulk brick. Hopefully, there will be other specials. From a personal standpoint, it is nice to have a LEGO store within a half hours drive. I always missed out on any sort of deals. Who knows, you might even run into Jeff or I on one of those days... :bug:

Oh I'll totally be there! I guess I'm kind of spoiled living by the Garden State Plaza location. :)

There are a few LEGO stores in north NJ, none in the south. I would have to drive to the King of Prussia mall if I really wanted to go to one, an hour+ away.

Oh man that does not sound fun. Although, getting to the King of Prussia Mall is a nice drive. The Bridgewater store is pretty nice. I've never really thought about the lack of Lego Stores around the state or in other states. I certainly would hate it if I had to drive more than 20 minutes to get to a store.

Oh man that does not sound fun. Although, getting to the King of Prussia Mall is a nice drive. The Bridgewater store is pretty nice. I've never really thought about the lack of Lego Stores around the state or in other states. I certainly would hate it if I had to drive more than 20 minutes to get to a store.

Jeff used to work by the Bridgewater store. Yeah, King of Prussia is a very nice area. Maybe when I sell my sets I can move there. :cheese:

There are a few LEGO stores in north NJ, none in the south. I would have to drive to the King of Prussia mall if I really wanted to go to one, an hour+ away.

Yeah for 7 years I was about 4 minutes away and walked through the store many times. I remember seeing the Star Destroyer on the shelves. Man that hurts big time now. I just blame Ed.

There are a few LEGO stores in north NJ, none in the south. I would have to drive to the King of Prussia mall if I really wanted to go to one, an hour+ away.Yeah for 7 years I was about 4 minutes away and walked through the store many times. I remember seeing the Star Destroyer on the shelves. Man that hurts big time now. I just blame Ed.Haha, brotherly love.

Do I need to call the Whaaaaaambulance? Closest LEGO store to me is a short 10 hour drive. You guys in the North East have it easy.:P

I guess we are spoiled in NJ. We usually have easy access to almost anything. A three hour drive and you can cross the state in any direction...no traffic of course. :P

I guess we are spoiled in NJ. We usually have easy access to almost anything. A three hour drive and you can cross the state in any direction...no traffic of course. :P

So true. I can make it to NYC in 30 minutes heading east or I could go 10 minutes to the west and get lost in the woods. Then we have big-box stores for as far as the eye can see with a sprinkling of Mom & Pop shops mixed in. The only thing we need are clearance deals. Guess we can't have everything! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I ventured down to the store this morning (Saturday). I ended up with a pretty sick haul. Some sets I will be opening, and some sets are for investment purposes. I ended up with 5 of the exclusive store sets. Pics can be seen below: 

PRcXmuMh.jpg

f7GMa52h.jpg

KcbH6Loh.jpg

hWhhPKyh.jpg

oiqR8KHh.jpg

^^^^^ Nice! I can't wait for White Plains next weekend. Btw how did you manage to get 5 of the store exclusives?

I'll be going to white plains on Sunday! And the lady at the register messed up and was handing out sets based on ringing up $75 worth of purchases. I basically put every set on a different receipt. If I remember correctly, her manager caught on and fixed her mistake shortly after I had checked out.