BrickPicker Convention

This would be a neat idea, but I do agree, it would be most effective if it was surrounding another event. That way we can have booths set up to attract potential buyers.

Noooooo!!!!! You heretics!!!!! We could just open the convention to the public, calling it a lego swap meet.... held by BrickPicker. Where's you guys' since of BP pride? For BP members the admission could be free. For the open public, admission could be $6 a person or $25 for a party of five. If you are a BP member you could also set up a booth.... for however much it costs. This could actually help fund the site! Plus it would get BP a lot more involved in the Lego community. (Not that it already isn't)

Sorry, but would need a pretty pricey plane ticket :lol:

I don't think anyone discarded New Zealand as the host location...lol

Now there's an idea! Surely if people want to invest in LOTR/Hobbit set effectively they need to research where the movies were made... :-)

With 36 people saying they would come or at least try to come, I'd really start considering this if I was Jeff Mack.

Sure, let me jump on this right away. I am sure I can fit in organizing an event with all the spare time I have :)

I am kidding, the idea is great, but right now isn't the time for Ed and I to do anything like this. There are a lot of events out there, it's a lot of work, and we both have so much more that we need to devote what available time we have to. There is this thing called Brick Classifieds that I would love to release to everyone, that gets top priority.

LOL...I thought you can't film demons and devils??? :lol: Wait, I thought you couldn't photograph spectres and vampires?

(Part of that never made much sense. I can kind of get ghosts not being able to be filmed but why not vampires?)

Anyway, this would be pretty awesome but certainly would be wierd seeing everyone in the flesh and tricky finding a 'sweet spot' for us all. It might be easier for members to get some webcams and hold an online event or something. I wander what everyone would talk about though? We pretty much do that everyday right here. I'd hate to fly out somewhere and just end up still talkin' shop as it were.