Updated Set Guide!! - Now Includes UK, AUS, EU pricing and more data!!

Well Ed and I are happy to finally release the updated set guide page that includes pricing for sold listings for the UK, EU Region and Australia. For a while before actually working on the data, I myself was rather hesitant if it was worth all the trouble adding and the cost, but honestly....WOW!!!, there really is quite a difference for many sets and this definitely was a great upgrade and without a doubt makes Brickpicker the most informative LEGO price guide on the internet.

Quick note: Make sure you reload your page to down the lastest style sheets and/or scripts to make sure the page looks correct :)

All pricing is based on native currency, there are no more conversions being done. The prices you are the sold prices from that listing and in that currency. Currently there is just 4 months of data for these values, but there are a lot of listings available. Ed and I will be happy once we get at least 6 months of data in there and that is when the page will be enhanced again to fill in more of the blanks and redesign the chart area to be more interactive and display more.

The Brickfolio will be updated to allow you to choose which set of data you want your values to be based on. I am going to wait a bit to get feedback, especially from those of you in theses regions to help tell us if anything looks just flat out wrong. We have about 3.5 million listings now that is being filtered, so there can obviously be some listings that don't belong with that set. Once we get feedback (please send issue via email, there is a link on each price guide page that will allow you to tell us issues for that set) and things look solid, the Brickfolio will be allow to set that preference.

A few new features and changes....

In the middle portion of the page, you will see a new tabbed area that will show you some data. You will see that I have added areas for the new regions. Even though they are blank now, they will be updated when the data is available. There is one new tab for "Averages" (new title may come soon..) This will show you the median, mean, mode, min price and max price for each region for the current month. This will show you some basic information on what the avg listing price, the number of times a particular set sold at a given price. Its just a way to share some more info with you and may help you figure out buying/selling strategies.

One other tab is the eBay Completed/Sold listings page. I have read many times on the forums of members referring to the completed listings on eBay. Well now each page in the price guide will have a quick direct link to the sold listings so that you can find out the trends of what is going on today. If you look at the price guide, then compare to what is happening today, it may show you sets that are on the rise, or starting to head down. Use it to your advantage.

Since everyone has been doing such a great job with the set reviews, you can now see a little more of them on each price guide page. If reviews exist for that page, you can cycle through and get a quick overview from that review. We have a few more ideas coming for this area, but wanted to start sharing everyone's great work soon rather than later.

A little help...

Ed and I would like to ask for a little help, especially from those of you that are in UK, EU and AUS regions. Look at the prices and please report if anything is drastically off. The data will improve as each new month gets added. Please don't create a new forum thread, if you e-mail the support account, both Ed and I will receive the e-mail and then check out the listing.

We would also like some help filling in the blanks. Our data will improve if members can help submit retail prices from sets that have blank retail pricing. This will allow us to figure out CAGR and increase from retail price and more. I can get the pricing of current sets and will be collecting them, but past sets take more time searching out. If you have time and can help collect some, that would be fantastic. I would like to thank Huw at Brickset for donating whatever retail pricing he had to help get us off to a good start. It is much appreciated.

This is awesome, love the new features, thanks Jeff! Am I right to assume that the new averages section is all based on the whole latest month of data, whereas the Current Market Prices are based of the last 30 sales regardless of time period?

This is awesome, love the new features, thanks Jeff!

Am I right to assume that the new averages section is all based on the whole latest month of data, whereas the Current Market Prices are based of the last 30 sales regardless of time period?

I know you have been dying for this answer, I was going to write up another post, but I will just answer it quickly now.

We have changed the process to look and see if the set sold more than 15 sets that month. If so, it tallies the monthly figure based on its sold sets for that entire month. If it is less than 15, then it will pull the last 15 by grabbing what it needs from the prior month. When we were trying this all out, it gave a much better representation of the performance of the set for the given month.

Absolutely brilliant work, Jeff! Very detailed and everything is right at your fingertips like the High & Low of sales. I only have a couple of suggestions and feel free to call me an assmunch for bringing these up.

For the price guide chart, how about having the link for WHAT IS CAGR? right underneath the CAGR in the top header row similiar to the first image I attached? It looks and seems redundant having the link beneath each one.

And lastly, the Retail Price lineup goes US, UK, EU, then AU, while the Price Guide lineup is US, UK, AU, then EU. Could the last two for the Retail Price lineup (EU, AU) switch places to match the Price Guide?

Absolutely brilliant work, Jeff! Very detailed and everything is right at your fingertips like the High & Low of sales. I only have a couple of suggestions and feel free to call me an assmunch for bringing these up.

For the price guide chart, how about having the link for WHAT IS CAGR? right underneath the CAGR in the top header row similiar to the first image I attached? It looks and seems redundant having the link beneath each one.

And lastly, the Retail Price lineup goes US, UK, EU, then AU, while the Price Guide lineup is US, UK, AU, then EU. Could the last two for the Retail Price lineup (EU, AU) switch places to match the Price Guide?

I just switched the Retail Pricing to go AU then EU which i think matches the rest. To switch the rest around now will be for another day :)

I just switched the Retail Pricing to go AU then EU which i think matches the rest. To switch the rest around now will be for another day :)Holy crap, that was fast! This new Price Guide setup and information will help me understand values and give better advice to friends in other countries. Thank you, Jeff! You're the Man!

I know you have been dying for this answer, I was going to write up another post, but I will just answer it quickly now.

We have changed the process to look and see if the set sold more than 15 sets that month. If so, it tallies the monthly figure based on its sold sets for that entire month. If it is less than 15, then it will pull the last 15 by grabbing what it needs from the prior month. When we were trying this all out, it gave a much better representation of the performance of the set for the given month.

Awesome, thanks Jeff. Looks like a good system to me.

So much data now for us number nerds :-)

Swwet! I love how easy it is to compare without switching to different currencies. It's also great how my review for 9500 shows up right on the page! ;)

I also love how my reviews are right there to draw in readers!! Can we have another review contest, but instead of you guys choosing the winners, we let the members vote for their favorite.

Great job, i have a question though. When you look at entire collection the value new are still US value's. When you click on an individual item it gives you the average price they are selling for in the UK, or wherever you are from. How do you get your whole collection to match Uk value's?

Great job, i have a question though. When you look at entire collection the value new are still US value's.

When you click on an individual item it gives you the average price they are selling for in the UK, or wherever you are from.

How do you get your whole collection to match Uk value's?

If you look at this link for example:

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=10199-1

How are you seeing the UK price to be in US Value?

I see US at $ 165.38

I see UK at

Oh its just the symbol.

Yeah it is...

The Brickfolio still has the option to check its Currency from USD to alot of options so US prices of those who will not change Currency back to USD will continue to be shown as my example above... which is nothing bad nor is Jeffs fault its just the old kept option...

Actually maybe if you're bored you could make conversion for all ''4'' values input and not only US...

but thats a minor addition and probably better to focus on other things.

Good work on the data though... I LOVE the new stuff.